Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It will be safer, is it 100% safe? 3 members of his club have tested positive. How did that happen if all this is so safe?

He is extremely worried about the health of his son, is it really that difficult to understand. 

Doesn't that kinda prove his point. They already had it and were tested so no chance of passing it on. Not saying Deeney should return.

Edited by PaulC

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How many business trips are physically   being taken currently during this global pandemic which worst case scenario results in death ??? 

That's not the point.

If his reason for not coming back is because of the safety of his kids then he can isolate himself from them by living in a hotel.

If he doesn't want to that is entirely up to him.

I'm sick of this discussion. All you are doing is putting words into my mouth and try to make me into the bad guy.

If Troy decides to stay at home then fair play to him. I only wish the best for him and his family.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

That's not the point.

If his reason for not coming back is because of the safety of his kids then he can isolate himself from them by living in a hotel.

I'm sick of this discussion. All you are doing is putting words into my mouth and try to make me into the bad guy.

If Troy decides to stay at home then fair play to him. I only wish the best for him and his family.

No one is putting words in your mouth or making you out to be bad guy though really are they? 

You said his comments were stupid, myself and others addressed your comment with our views in a respectful manner in response from our POV ... You keep the discussion going but constantly making what some feel are Somewhat cold, sometimes unfounded and misinformed posts which they feel the need to respond to. everyone is entitled to hold different views and air these and you add a different dimension to the discussion which is as valid as others. But at times mate can I say you don’t help yourself.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Doesn't that kinda prove his point. They already had it and were tested so no chance of passing it on. Not saying Deeney should return.

But it doesn't make it 100% safe. I agree that the testing will make it safer than a lot of work environments but its not perfect. People will still get it. 

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's not the point.

Then why did you seem to get annoyed with his points and concerns?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But it doesn't make it 100% safe. I agree that the testing will make it safer than a lot of work environments but its not perfect. People will still get it. 

Not 100% but probably safer than a lot of other working environments. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Until other businesses continue to socially distance whereas footballers are full on contact training.  One footballer gets the virus outside of football in between tests....which are what? at least 72 hours apart and then all the players contact training are exposed.  

Phase one isolated training they are fine but when it’s contact training in a few weeks it becomes a different story.  Footballers live a life outside of football, more than most of us.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If i had a 5 year old with health problems that wouldn't make any difference to me. I completely get where deeney is coming from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If i had a 5 year old with health problems that wouldn't make any difference to me. I completely get where deeney is coming from. 

Yes but a few footballers not playing because of a family member having health issues wont stop it from restarting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but a few footballers not playing because of a family member having health issues wont stop it from restarting. 

At this point I'm not sure anything will stop it 

You have the 6 players / staff infected, you then have several players they don't want to go back

You then have Henry winter saying just finish it with weaker teams... And that's perfectly acceptable to a lot of people 

By hook or by crook the PL will finish 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At this point I'm not sure anything will stop it 

You have the 6 players / staff infected, you then have several players they don't want to go back

You then have Henry winter saying just finish it with weaker teams... And that's perfectly acceptable to a lot of people 

By hook or by crook the PL will finish 

The Bundesliga had more people testing positive when they started phase 1. I was expecting a higher number of positive tests to be honest. I think we can be encouraged that it wasn't worse.

On 19/05/2020 at 12:40, villalad21 said:

Society would collapse if everyone had the same mindset as Deeney.

I'm just saying. Imagine if health workers had his mindset.

You'll be safer on the training ground than virtually any other work place. It's close to zero chance of infection.

But fair enough. He got the money normal people doesn't have to stay home for years without problems. You do you Troy. Most of us have to get back to work, can't hide away at home forever.

Awkward. His name isn't Troy Deany Smith. 

Sorry pal. You can like him now.

• Haha 2

I see the ignore button doesn't affect quoted posts.

Anyway, I think we have a real case in our favour if we do get relegated without playing another game. No way we should accept it considering we were out of the relegation zone when everyone played 27 games and only fell into it after all the other teams played the 28th. PPG isn't fair either as it still takes into account a game week we didn't participate in and was completely out of our hands. No way in hell we get relegated for this and Leeds/WBA get promoted despite not confirming it themselves. We should raise absolute hell.

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

McGinn is good to go (from last week)

Was he talking about McGinn still being injured or actually the asthma rumour? I took it as he could be under the impression some might be thinking he'd suffered an injury setback but was fully fit.

It's WM so they're not exactly on the ball with the latest news most of the time.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Anyway, I think we have a real case in our favour if we do get relegated without playing another game. No way we should accept it considering we were out of the relegation zone when everyone played 27 games and only fell into it after all the other teams played the 28th. PPG isn't fair either as it still takes into account a game week we didn't participate in and was completely out of our hands. No way in hell we get relegated for this and Leeds/WBA get promoted despite not confirming it themselves. We should raise absolute hell.

Agreed. If we were in this position having played the same number of games as everyone else it'd still be quite unfair IMO, but when you factor in that game in hand, and that if we won that game in hand we'd be out of the relegation zone, it becomes absolutely absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Was he talking about McGinn still being injured or actually the asthma rumour? I took it as he could be under the impression some might be thinking he'd suffered an injury setback but was fully fit.

It's WM so they're not exactly on the ball with the latest news most of the time.

The rumour was McGinn had asthma so wouldnt play.

Good if not true.

Although a player at the club does have asthma, no idea who though...

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Maybe but the ones that are pro void on here have been telling us all along that there is no way the season will restart, yet now its almost certain it will so I don't believe it when people say theres no way they can relegate us. they can and they will! so lets take our chance on the pitch rather than the courtroom. 

Was listening to the radio on way to work last night & they were discussing PPG. The guy they had on (sadly didn't catch his name) was basically saying he didn't think there would be much of a strong case for any team prosecuting for being relegated on PPG due to the unprecedented situation regards a global pandemic. He seemed to intimate that those teams should have got more points from the games they had played so it was tough titty. Nothing about the fact that it was in any way unfair. 

I'm no lawyer but hopefully a judge would have a little bit more intelligence when weighing the situation up and consider things like compensation for loss of income & potential of a further loss of income over a sustained period of time due to acting unfairly on something which was not covered in a contract when there were other options available which were not undertaken.

It appears the only reason relegation wasn't cancelled was that somebody decided "it had to happen for the integrity of the game" when in actual fact it would have been the fairest solution to all concerned had they promoted teams on PPG but not relegated them thus minimizing the impact as much as possible onto as few teams as was possible under the circumstances. Instead they have chosen an option which potentially financially cripples some teams & threatens those teams long term futures in an unfair & unjust way.  I would hope a good barrister would have a field day with that.

• Like 1