Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Everyone wasn't going to lose every week were they. Die isn't cast yet chaps, despite all the usual bullshit that will be posted after we get a tanking tomorrow and are in the bottom 3, it's still quite possible we'll win 3 and draw a few and stay up. Even if we don't we are in a massively better position than we were before Edens and Sawiris took over. We'll be going down with some huge parachute payments and competent owners this time. I'd back them and Smith to bring us back up in short order and have a better go at it next time. 

That said, we might stay up as league cup winners for the 6th time too. So till we're mathematically relegated we're still in with a shout.

What u saying it's quite possible that we will hit a vein of form that we have been unable to hit all season.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Because we're going to probably get smashed in the final and sit in the bottom 3. It's very likely this is going to be a shit weekend for us

Most weekends are when you are towards the bottom of any league but if you can’t live in hope why not just stop following football? If being in a cup final is a source for sadness and concern what’s even the point? Would people rather we had been knocked out earlier so they didn’t have to spend today wetting their pants with anxiety?

I am pretty sure City will smash us and ruin my Sunday but I’m not going to let it ruin my Saturday as well. People should try some meditation or something. 

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Most weekends are when you are towards the bottom of any league but if you can’t live in hope why not just stop following football? If being in a cup final is a source for sadness and concern what’s even the point? Would people rather we had been knocked out earlier so you didn’t have to spend today wetting their pants with anxiety?

It's not a source of sadness. But I'm not that excited by it. Really strange feeling but guess that's the position we're in. 

I loved the semi and getting to the final is a great achievement. I just think by the end of tomorrow it will have been a crap weekend. 

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Waited till we're in the bottom 3 to post this?

Win our game in hand and we're out of the bottom 3 again and yes, 17th and above was the goal.

If we do this, if we do that. Next week it will be ‘if we win our next two’. 

Wake up and smell the coffee. 

So West Ham didn't take heart from their last performance? Hah!!

Difference is when we play decent but lose we don't follow it up with a win, heck we don't even follow it up with a draw. 

I think being in relegation zone will impact the players psychologically.

Just now, DCJonah said:

It's not a source of sadness. But I'm not that excited by it. Really strange feeling but guess that's the position we're in. 

I loved the semi and getting to the final is a great achievement. I just think by the end of tomorrow it will have been a crap weekend. 

That's the spirit!

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But, but, we’d have taken this at the start of the season right? Guys?

Guys?

Oh you couldn’t wait until we were in the bottom three to post this.  

Did you have it ready to copy and paste.  

Not wait until the end of the games or we played our game in hand but the second West Ham took a lead you commented.

Sad!

• Like 4

If we go down it'll be because of our shameful and pathetic ability to win at least a game or two against the better teams. Smith has a lot to answer for. Other teams can do it, even ones in a worse position than us, but why can't we?

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha 

I can't help it. Just don't have any belief that tomorrow will be anything but terrible. I can accept that but bournmouth and west ham winning has made it worse. 

Yes, I feel the same really but you never know. As for the other scores Bugger!!

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If we go down it'll be because of our shameful and pathetic ability to win at least a game or two against the better teams. Smith has a lot to answer for. Other teams can do it, even ones in a worse position than us, but why can't we?

Because he's been given a very weak squad to try and keep up. 

He hasn't done himself massive favours but he's had to struggle with some terrible players.

• Like 1