Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, sne said:

Going to hell in a handbasket 

We were always going to run out of luck with results going our way.

In big trouble now.

The matches haven't actually finished yet and at the end of the season it will be down to what we do

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

The matches haven't actually finished yet and at the end of the season it will be down to what we do

Bildresultat för thank you captain obvious

You are right thou, but we are dangerously close to not having it in our own hands anymore being forced to rely on other teams to stay up

Edited by sne

My three-year old girl whines less than some of you lot. We have a cup final tomorrow. Why not turn it off for 24 hours and just enjoy the weekend? We have every game for the rest of the season to worry about our league position... it’s going to the wire.

• Like 3

I can't see anything other than relegation with the team we built over the summer. Was a monumental task to get it right considering the amount of players we had to bring in. With the injuries we've sustained this season, it's only made it worse. Truth be told, we didn't buy enough players imo. Could have done with another 3 or 4. We can blame FFP all we like for restricting the amount of players we brought in, but it's our own fault for doing such a shocking job of building a team in the Championship.

Tis a shame, but the Premier League isn't all that really.

The main thing for me is that we lose Jack, I really wouldn't be that bothered about another season or two in the Championship if it wasn't for the fact that Jack will 100% leave if we go down. 

Ah well, it's just football.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nokesy said:

The teams around us ability to take points from the ‘top’ teams once again proving why we’re dead certs to go down. We have taken 1 point all season from the top 10 

The worst side in the league always goes down,,, and we are that side. 

Everyone wasn't going to lose every week were they. Die isn't cast yet chaps, despite all the usual bullshit that will be posted after we get a tanking tomorrow and are in the bottom 3, it's still quite possible we'll win 3 and draw a few and stay up. Even if we don't we are in a massively better position than we were before Edens and Sawiris took over. We'll be going down with some huge parachute payments and competent owners this time. I'd back them and Smith to bring us back up in short order and have a better go at it next time. 

That said, we might stay up as league cup winners for the 6th time too. So till we're mathematically relegated we're still in with a shout.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I can't see anything other than relegation with the team we built over the summer. Was a monumental task to get it right considering the amount of players we had to bring it. With the injuries we've sustained this season, it's only made it worse. Truth be told, we didn't buy enough players imo. Could have done with another 3 or 4. We can blame FFP all we like for restricting the amount of players we brought in, but it's our own fault for doing such a shocking job of building a team in the Championship.

The main thing for me is that we lose Jack, I really wouldn't be that bothered about another season or two in the Championship if it wasn't for the fact that Jack will 100% leave if we go down. 

I share all these views apart from thinking he will probably leave if we stay up as well. And while no player is bigger than the club, etc, it will be less fun watching us without him.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

My three-year old girl whines less than some of you lot. We have a cup final tomorrow. Why not turn it off for 24 hours and just enjoy the weekend? We have every game for the rest of the season to worry about our league position... it’s going to the wire.

Because we're going to probably get smashed in the final and sit in the bottom 3. It's very likely this is going to be a shit weekend for us

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But, but, we’d have taken this at the start of the season right? Guys?

Guys?

Waited till we're in the bottom 3 to post this?

Win our game in hand and we're out of the bottom 3 again and yes, 17th and above was the goal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can't see anything other than relegation with the team we built over the summer. Was a monumental task to get it right considering the amount of players we had to bring it. With the injuries we've sustained this season, it's only made it worse. Truth be told, we didn't buy enough players imo. Could have done with another 3 or 4. We can blame FFP all we like for restricting the amount of players we brought in, but it's our own fault for doing such a shocking job of building a team in the Championship.

The losing jack bit doesn't hurt me. He's going what ever happens. 

It won't be too bad. For me I'm more gutted that leeds will be up and we go down.