Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Citeh - Wet Spam re-arranged for next Wednesday! 

Ultimately it's the right call. Man. City would've gone 3 weeks without an actual game so they can't really moan at playing it in their winter break when they'd already had over two weeks off.

So West Ham actually going to play Man. City and Liverpool away within 5 days rather than two weeks. Hopefully confidence will be at rock bottom going into the Southampton home game the following weekend for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Carl Friedrich Gauss salutes you. 😀

Is that the Normal / Gaussian Distribution Gauss ?  The maths chappie ?

I know a bit about that sort of thing but not aware of what he said about such deep philosophical issues as football bollocks 😂

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

If anyone thinks we're beating Spurs I want what you're smoking

The Spurs who have won 2 of 12 away games this season? I think you need to stop smoking whatever it is you’re smoking.

• Like 2

Why the winter break is a terrible idea.

As Dele Alli proved earlier in the week there is no worse combination than footballers and spare time. They all seem to be complete nincompoops.

A bunch of Brighton players the latest ones to make their club and manager proud.

Albion looking into video of players with balloons on night out

BOSSES at the Brighton and Hove Albion are investigating a video that appears to show players with balloons while on a group holiday.

The Premier League players are currently on their winter break and are believed to be together in Spain.

And last night a video emerged showing some of the players on a night out.

And in it Shane Duffy, Pascal Gross, Leandro Trossard, and Alireza Jahanbakhsh can be seen with balloons in what appears to be a nightclub or bar.

While it is not known what was in the balloons, they are sometimes used for inhaling nitrous oxide - also known as laughing gas.

In the short clip several players are seen sat around a table outside the bar.

On top of the table are a number of drinks as well as a shisha pipe.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18229948.albion-looking-video-players-balloons-night/

Yeah it's pretty harmless but why even put yourself in this position, the media is gonna have a field day and if you are already in a relegation struggle perhaps don't add even more pressure.

Nothing against Brighton but hopefully this will affect them in a negative way and help us out.

13 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If anyone thinks we're beating Spurs I want what you're smoking

jinxing it right now...

Jose has a poor record at VP, played 6 won 1, lost 2, drawn 3, he won that game in his 6th attempt and I seem to remember there being some stat that VP was the last PL ground that he won at

7 hours ago, sne said:

Why the winter break is a terrible idea.

As Dele Alli proved earlier in the week there is no worse combination than footballers and spare time. They all seem to be complete nincompoops.

A bunch of Brighton players the latest ones to make their club and manager proud.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18229948.albion-looking-video-players-balloons-night/

Yeah it's pretty harmless but why even put yourself in this position, the media is gonna have a field day and if you are already in a relegation struggle perhaps don't add even more pressure.

Nothing against Brighton but hopefully this will affect them in a negative way and help us out.

Disgrace...Brighton should be docked 10 points!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sne said:

Well, if they're feeling too much pressure, they could always do some nitrous. Really calms the nerves!

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2020 at 19:05, Elton said:

The Spurs who have won 2 of 12 away games this season? I think you need to stop smoking whatever it is you’re smoking.

Whilst I am optimistic that at our best we can beat Spurs, it should be noted that since Jose took over only Liverpool and Man City have accrued more points.

Im confident we can beat a couple of sides from the top half at home, but a Draw against Spurs would be a very good result.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Whilst I am optimistic that at our best we can beat Spurs, it should be noted that since Jose took over only Liverpool and Man City have accrued more points.

Im confident we can beat a couple of sides from the top half at home, but a Draw against Spurs would be a very good result.

I’m not sure when Mourinho took over but they haven’t won an away game for 2 months. Obviously won’t be easy and a draw would be a decent result but I think we can compete with them at home.

• Like 1