Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in that time everton have played arsenal, burnley, brighton, Newcastle x 2, west ham, Watford, palace and lost to city

its almost like the owners knew an easy stretch of games was coming up and got a new man in for the bounce 🤔

add to that Everton were never as bad as silva made them out to be, Ancelotti has got them to 7th challenging for a EL spot, pretty much where you would expect them to be

Plus his team couldn’t even beat Liverpool kids! Can you imagine if we lost to that Liverpool team. The lad would never stop us reminding us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I blame Smith, it's his fault Villa are shit and it's his fault Ancelotti is an elite manager who has made Everton go so fast. Actually, come to think of it, Smith is also in the running as the main culprit for me needing a dump this morning - he should have motivated me to go before I left the house.

I'm pretty sure Smith is one of those coronavirus super spreaders as well. Representative for Wellingborough should be self quarantining. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's not elite.  He's just got his docking computer switched on and has a solar fuel scoop to save one fuel costs.  Probably smuggling some narcotics on the side too. 

'Mostly Harmless' then? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What's going on with our game against Sheffield Utd? Why is it taking so long to rearrange?

I guess their involvement in possible FA Cup replays could be a factor? I also wonder if we don’t want to rush into a rearrangement, as if delay we  might get McGinn/Davis fit. But then again we could get others injured in the meantime..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Then you'd also turn a few wins into draws. Agree with Turvontour 

Which wins would those be?

Two of our seven wins (Brighton and Watford) came via extra time goals. Three of the remaining five wins came by two goals. Of the other two matches, we were up 2-0 on Burnley when they grabbed a late goal to make it 2-1. Then there was the 1-0 win over Norwich when we scored in the 64th minutes. So maybe the Norwich win.

Now, if we look at our 14 losses, how many of them involved us holding a lead and losing it? Because I suspect you'll find far more of those than you would wins turned into draws!

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

On what basis?

Considering how crap a lot of the top teams are this season i'd be amazed if you wouldn't require at least 38.

Can't see the bottom 3 getting 36pts. Look at their fixtures and do the maths. Just can't see them doing it