Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can only hope once they get past 40 points they'll ease off a little. Have to say looking at the table they have a cracking chance of 4th. Amazing season from the Blades.

Yes, for all the jibes they used to get for being a "Brexit" team with pub league players, they're doing a stellar job.

And you're right, they could very well pip Chelsea to a Champions League place (as could Wolves). Man U and Spurs aren't really with it at all this year, which is the one thing that gives me hope for our fixtures against them. We are well within our ability to beat either of them if we had a bit more heart and a bit more courage about us.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

A bournemouth team who've just won two huge six pointers are really only going to get 5 more points?! You do know they beat Chelsea away six weeks ago?

Out of interest how many points you given West Ham given their away games. They've only won three home games all season so they are massively in trouble.

I think with these predictions it's all about perception. For example people see Brighton at home to Man. United and Arsenal and think well they've lose those games as it's Arsenal and Man. United innit, teams with players I've actually heard of. The reality is Brighton have beaten Man. United at home two seasons running so a home game they'll feel confident and they won at the Emirates.

This is the last season where we can assume the top teams will just beat relegation threatened ones home and away particularly if a few of them are still in europa league so their squads will be stretched in the run in.

I'd confidently wager all the bottom six will get more points than you've predicted (including us).

Give it a go!

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Give it a go!

Done Bournemouth.😉

Draw at Burnley

Draw at home to Chelsea

Win at home to Palace

Win at home to Newcastle

Draw at home to Spurs

Win at home to Southampton

38 points. They might still go down with that haul of course.

52 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

The bottom 5 teams are so poor it's unbelievable. This could be the lowest points tally ever required to stay up. 

Week ago we were saying it was going to be the highest ever required and 40 points wouldn't be enough :lol:

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton up to May:

Watford home

Sheffield United away

Palace home

Wolves away

Arsenal home

Leicester away

Man. United home

Norwich away

Man. City home

Liverpool home

Probably got the toughest home run of anyone down there. I actually think it's in our interests Watford go there and win next weekend.

Watford themselves don’t have an easy run I guess. Draw would be the best outcome of that game.

The bottom 6, Palace, Burnley and Newcastle are still in it. 

We need 2-4 points from our next two I guess.

Obviously annoyed about today.

As we all know we likely need another 15 points, 4 wins plus 3 draws from the remaining games. I can see some of those points as get-able but we now surely need a big win against a top side to compensate for today or else we are struggling.

Good to see Samatta get off the mark, that should help him settle. Nothing more about today was good aside from two of the other three teams below us taking a hit to their morale.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

The bottom 5 teams are so poor it's unbelievable. This could be the lowest points tally ever required to stay up. 

Entire league is poor , which is why Liverpool are miles clear 

Bournemouth have some tough fixtures coming up, away to Sheffield United and Burnley then at home to Chelsea and away again to Liverpool. Watford also have United away and Liverpool this month to play as well, so their game next weekend against Brighton is going to be very important for them.

Don't think the sides near the bottom this year are any worse than previous years, in fact our 25 points would see us further up the table most seasons, if anything the teams near the bottom have been stronger this year. Although as the season goes It will even itself out, and the average needed to stay up will end up being around what it usually is, that 'evening out' already started happening in recent weeks, although as I say we're still doing better than you'd normally get for a team in seventeenth place.

• Like 1

Weird set of results today. Really helped us but also gutting as if we had won then we would be thinking about mid table. 

I thought West Ham, Watford and Newcastle would win today. We need to win 3 of our remaining home games I feel.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2020 at 00:06, omariqy said:

Next 6 games for us and our main rivals (7 for West Ham). We definitely have the easiest of runs. Burnley and West Ham have horrible runs coming up. Could be an interesting period. So important we get some good signings in Jan. We could easily pull ourselves to near safety or be cut well adrift. 

1865943965_ScreenShot2020-01-13at00_03_52.thumb.png.2cf773097e7e5d3da7f68bf00a7242f1.png

Points from the first 3 of these games.

Villa - 4
Watford - 1
Bournemouth - 6
Newcastle - 5
Burnley - 6?
Brighton - 1
West Ham - 2

• Like 2