Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

17 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

IMO....this is the hardest it's going to get.  If we stay up, and I believe we will, we'll go from strength to strength.

When you look at the fact that Norwich pissed the championship last season and have kept the same squad without much addition, shows how well we have done in having to mould a a whole new squad! 

Please elaborate on why we would go from strength to strength? 

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's had me back to the predictor and for the first time I've done it, we've gone down. Norwich on 24, Bournemouth on 31 and us on 34 all relegated - Watford surviving on 35 points.

Have a go:

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

Had a go and didn't look at the table to the very end in order to be fair. Christ it was close (as expected).

Norwich down on 31 points.. along with Bournemouth (37) and Brighton (37)

Villa 17th on 38 points, Burnley (38), Palace (38 - think they'll go on a terrible run), Watford (40), Newcastle (41) and Wet Spam (42)

That assumes Villa take a point at home to both Spuds and Manure

• Like 1

Just had a look at the fixtures, and a lot depends on Sheffield United. Their next three games, all at home, are Bournemouth, Brighton and Norwich, in that order. We need them to have the scent of blood in their nostrils for a top 4 finish, not kicking back and thinking of the Maldives.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As expected after every lose we’re doomed and going down and Smith should be sacked etc etc. What’s even worse is no game now until16th now so we’ll have 2 weeks of this over the top bollocks. I’ll see you all Monday when people have calmed down.

Getting something today was vital with 4 tough games coming up. We’ve got next to nothing from the better teams this season so this could be a pivotal moment in the season. 

Think west Ham are down tbh. Norwich will probably get some form eventually but it'll be too late. Newcastle are shit but they just have too many points and keep nicking points somehow that they're probably safe.

I'd say we're very much favorites for that third relegation spot. Have a feeling Brighton will somehow still barely survive. 

That just leaves us and Bournemouth and quite frankly, this loss has been terrible for us in this context.

Edit: Oh right, Watford. I still think they should be safe and expect them to continue their strong form.

Actually, that's 2 losses in a row now for them. Very interesting

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's had me back to the predictor and for the first time I've done it, we've gone down. Norwich on 24, Bournemouth on 31 and us on 34 all relegated - Watford surviving on 35 points.

Have a go:

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

A bournemouth team who've just won two huge six pointers are really only going to get 5 more points?! You do know they beat Chelsea away six weeks ago?

Out of interest how many points you given West Ham given their away games. They've only won three home games all season so they are massively in trouble.

I think with these predictions it's all about perception. For example people see Brighton at home to Man. United and Arsenal and think well they've lose those games as it's Arsenal and Man. United innit, teams with players I've actually heard of. The reality is Brighton have beaten Man. United at home two seasons running so a home game they'll feel confident and they won at the Emirates.

This is the last season where we can assume the top teams will just beat relegation threatened ones home and away particularly if a few of them are still in europa league so their squads will be stretched in the run in.

I'd confidently wager all the bottom six will get more points than you've predicted (including us).

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Newcastle and West Ham are the only games I can see us having a chance of winning for the rest of the season, and they're both away. I think we're ****.

Nothing at home even though we've got one of the better home records down there? We've won 5 home games compared to West Ham and Watford's three. Brighton only won four home games.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Nothing at home even though we've got one of the better home records down there? We've won 5 home games compared to West Ham and Watford's three. Brighton only won four home games.

Look at our home fixtures left.

Spurs, maybe. 

Other than that, Man City, Chelsea, Sheffield, Wolves, Man United, Palace, Arsenal. 

I don't fancy us for any of those. If we pick up 5 points from that lot, I'll be amazed.

Brighton have quite a tough next 10 games. Their last 3 games are pretty good though but then we could potentially have Everton away in mid table with little to play for, Arsenal in mid table concentrating on europa league and FA cup and West Ham already relegated.

That's another thing with predictions. You don't know which teams will still need points to stay up and others who'll be on 40 points and mentally on the beach. I remember West Brom for three seasons getting to 40 points by March and they'd barely win a game.

If you think back to the Sherwood run in we played Spurs away and Everton and West Ham at home who were all miles better than us that season. Won all three games as they had nothing to play for and so were second to the 50/50s while we played like it was our last chance to stay up.

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just had a look at the fixtures, and a lot depends on Sheffield United. Their next three games, all at home, are Bournemouth, Brighton and Norwich, in that order. We need them to have the scent of blood in their nostrils for a top 4 finish, not kicking back and thinking of the Maldives.

Wilder doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'll suddenly rest on his laurels and let his team get lazy or complacent. Utd will get some good results out of them.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Look at our home fixtures left.

Spurs, maybe. 

Other than that, Man City, Chelsea, Sheffield, Wolves, Man United, Palace, Arsenal. 

I don't fancy us for any of those. If we pick up 5 points from that lot, I'll be amazed.

Well it's all about perception then. Most of those teams don't actually win many away games. Spurs and Arsenal have won as many aways as we have all season.

If we show some bottle and resilience like we did over the two games with Leicester you might be pleasantly surprised.

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

Wilder doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'll suddenly rest on his laurels and let his team get lazy or complacent. Utd will get some good results out of them.

Can only hope once they get past 40 points they'll ease off a little. Have to say looking at the table they have a cracking chance of 4th. Amazing season from the Blades.

43 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Would be nice to see the next 10 matches for the bottom 6 teams presented on here. Suspect there's a lot of tough runs 

West Ham up to 4th April.

Man. City away

Liverpool away

Southampton home

Arsenal away

Wolves home

Spurs away

Chelsea home

We simply must be above them by that date otherwise we'll go down.

Brighton up to May:

Watford home

Sheffield United away

Palace home

Wolves away

Arsenal home

Leicester away

Man. United home

Norwich away

Man. City home

Liverpool home

Probably got the toughest home run of anyone down there. I actually think it's in our interests Watford go there and win next weekend.