Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ??? - we are touch and go when playing teams around us - everyone else beats us ! - whilst panic is the wrong word - there is a distinct and real possibility we are going down.

But panic is what is happening see below 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our season could be over this time next week. The fact we’re desperately monitoring other teams results at this stage of the season is a sure sign we’re in the shit. Deep down, we all know we’re not good enough and we’re praying that there are 3 other sides worse than us.

We may actually finish bottom. 

I hope our dressing room isn’t as flaky as our fans. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our season could be over this time next week. The fact we’re desperately monitoring other teams results at this stage of the season is a sure sign we’re in the shit. Deep down, we all know we’re not good enough and we’re praying that there are 3 other sides worse than us.

We may actually finish bottom. 

Spot on

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Our home games from now till the nd of the season are:

Watford
Spurs
Sheffield United
Chelsea
Wolves
Man U
Palace
Arsenal

We need to win min 3 of them, as long as all the others aren't defeats that should mean about 12 points from the home games so we'd need to pick up 6 points on the road to hit 40 points.

I think it's doable. We need 18 points, it's going to be tough but if Samatta (sp?) works out and we get another forward in that improves our front 3 then we've got every chance. Then a *normal* summer of investment and we should progress nicely, by normal I mean probably a similar spend but on 3 or 4 players rather than 15.

Struggling to see three wins there tbh as much as it would be great. Miracle needed.

We need to get Grealish into the middle of the pitch in front of the midfield 2 and I'll believe we've got a squeak.

It's taken Smith a year to try change the formation, can't see him doing it again.

To be fair we only have a transfer committee to blame. Average work in the summer was frustrating but 20 days into a transfer window when you don’t have a fit striker and nobody is in and the one guy you are after needs a work permit delaying things even further that is criminal. Watford will be the 5th game without a striker! Is any other team that much of a clown show. If we go down the blame is On Suso 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Struggling to see three wins there tbh as much as it would be great. Miracle needed.

We need to get Grealish into the middle of the pitch in front of the midfield 2 and I'll believe we've got a squeak.

It's taken Smith a year to try change the formation, can't see him doing it again.

I wouldn't like to predict which ones, but in front of a full house if we get at any of them and rouse the crowd we could win any of them. We're certainly a few points off being where I thought we could be and it's been mostly individual errors that have cost us, but 18 points is not beyond us by any means. Before Christmas last year there were a ton of Smith out and no-one believed the play offs were possible.

The idea our season could be over if we don't beat Watford is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Our home games from now till the nd of the season are:

Watford
Spurs
Sheffield United
Chelsea
Wolves
Man U
Palace
Arsenal

We need to win min 3 of them, as long as all the others aren't defeats that should mean about 12 points from the home games so we'd need to pick up 6 points on the road to hit 40 points.

I think it's doable. We need 18 points, it's going to be tough but if Samatta (sp?) works out and we get another forward in that improves our front 3 then we've got every chance. Then a *normal* summer of investment and we should progress nicely, by normal I mean probably a similar spend but on 3 or 4 players rather than 15.

The 3 home wins I could just about see. But 3 more home draws I'm not seeing. 

6 on the road looks a big ask - we just can't see out games under pressure.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I wouldn't like to predict which ones, but in front of a full house if we get at any of them and rouse the crowd we could win any of them. We're certainly a few points off being where I thought we could be and it's been mostly individual errors that have cost us, but 18 points is not beyond us by any means. Before Christmas last year there were a ton of Smith out and no-one believed the play offs were possible.

The idea our season could be over if we don't beat Watford is ridiculous. 

But, we don’t have a single striker. How can you be so confident when that is the case? 

In fairness (i'm discounting city for obv reasons) our first 2 league games (both away) we have 4 out of 6 points. If we continue picking up points at that rate we'll finish top half.

That's without a striker also. 

Infuriating that the top 6 can always be guaranteed to be on top form when they play us, yet gift 3 points to those around us. Need to forget about other teams and focus on ourselves. Just keep getting points! Excluding plop away, we can pick up points from every other game

20 hours ago, useless said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Burnley beat Leicester tomorrow as well, Leicester form has dipped recently, have lost three of the last five and taken the same amount of points as us from the last six, Burnley can be a good team on their day as well, especially at home.

Our relegation rivals aren't just going to lose every game between now and the end of the season at our convenience, per esempio Burnley were never going to remain on 24 points, like everyone else they will win, draw and lose games. We've just got to make sure we win our fair share of games, as our own results are the most important, starting with Tuesday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

It’s become a massive game, need a win but if we can’t win we must not lose.

Absolutely, although many are already writing it off due to Watford’s form. I sincerely hope the manager isn’t as defeatist as someone of our fans.

We also need to try and pick up points against sone of the so called bigger teams as all our rivals seem to be doing.