Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

West Ham and Watford will push on and get themselves out of it. You’re burying your head in the sand if you think we’re not in deep shit, Roma. 

Just my opinion of course! 

Lol, we're in the relegation battle I thought we'd be in. How else did you expect a relegation battle to be? 

Burnley and Watford are examples of teams that have the capability of bullying opposition players as a different way of playing, which is why some get surprising results sometimes.

We aren't really able to do that, hence the need for an N'Zonzi type midfielder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

West Ham and Watford will push on and get themselves out of it. You’re burying your head in the sand if you think we’re not in deep shit, Roma. 

Just my opinion of course! 

Maybe.

But if they are winning who is losing? 

I agree that we are in the shit but so are a lot of teams.....panic stations are a long way away imo

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Burnley and Watford are examples of teams that have the capability of bullying opposition players as a different way of playing, which is why some get surprising results sometimes.

They do I agree.

Haven't today though, Leicester have just been shite.

We're down. Said for months there's a lack of other bad sides to drop instead of us.

OK, 6 points v Watford and Bournemouth and I'll think we have a chance. I think we'll get 1 at most.

Our season could be over this time next week. The fact we’re desperately monitoring other teams results at this stage of the season is a sure sign we’re in the shit. Deep down, we all know we’re not good enough and we’re praying that there are 3 other sides worse than us.

We may actually finish bottom. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Maybe.

But if they are winning who is losing? 

I agree that we are in the shit but so are a lot of teams.....panic stations are a long way away imo

Really ??? - we are touch and go when playing teams around us - everyone else beats us ! - whilst panic is the wrong word - there is a distinct and real possibility we are going down.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

People still convinced 38 pts will be enough to ensure survival? Not too sure anymore.

You always think you need more. 36/7/8 would give us a good chance of staying up IMO

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our season could be over this time next week. The fact we’re desperately monitoring other teams results at this stage of the season is a sure sign we’re in the shit. Deep down, we all know we’re not good enough and we’re praying that there are 3 other sides worse than us.

We may actually finish bottom. 

It would seem to me that newly promoted teams lack the toughness in a relegation fight - that seasoned strugglers have. Look how often we survived in the last few years in the prem despite churning out some shite performance s

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They do I agree.

Haven't today though, Leicester have just been shite.

We're down. Said for months there's a lack of other bad sides to drop instead of us.

OK, 6 points v Watford and Bournemouth and I'll think we have a chance. I think we'll get 1 at most.

Our home games from now till the nd of the season are:

Watford
Spurs
Sheffield United
Chelsea
Wolves
Man U
Palace
Arsenal

We need to win min 3 of them, as long as all the others aren't defeats that should mean about 12 points from the home games so we'd need to pick up 6 points on the road to hit 40 points.

I think it's doable. We need 18 points, it's going to be tough but if Samatta (sp?) works out and we get another forward in that improves our front 3 then we've got every chance. Then a *normal* summer of investment and we should progress nicely, by normal I mean probably a similar spend but on 3 or 4 players rather than 15.

Good result for Burnley. People need to chill a little, they are far far far from out of this battle. Could be 2 points again come midweek. We just need to focus on our results. Hopefully yesterday is a turning point. 

• Like 1