Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

We will be on Amazon, BT Sport and Sky Sports next season. Farewell Saturday 3pm kick offs, hello 🤑🤑🤑💰💰💰

It is Amazon prime. Surely have to put up subscription if so

Edited by GENTLEMAN
Read the article

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It is Amazon prime. Surely have to put up subscription if so

Yeah it’s Amazon Prime. Not sure on the subscription increase as it’s just for 2 rounds of matches. A bit of a trial for them, but having the Boxing Day games will bring in a lot of viewers. 

Just for clarification, this is taken from the key dates section of The Premium League website

6 June

The Premier League Annual General Meeting is held. This is where the formal changing of the seasons happens. The promoted clubs are formally entered into the League and the Premier League switches to 2019/20 with the league table reset

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just for clarification, this is taken from the key dates section of The Premium League website

6 June

The Premier League Annual General Meeting is held. This is where the formal changing of the seasons happens. The promoted clubs are formally entered into the League and the Premier League switches to 2019/20 with the league table reset

D Day. 

• Like 1

Oohhhh

Saturday evening Red Button.  Every game repeated, lovely.

Does anyone know if the PL TV rights deal preclude us from having the match highlights on our Youtube channel a couple of days later?

On 02/06/2019 at 10:43, mjmooney said:

You know what next season's going to be like? That thing when you go from being the big kids in the top class of primary school to being the littlest kids starting at high school. We're going to have to stick up for ourselves against the school bullies. 

good analogy

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Also does this mean we have var from this season? 

Yes I think so according to this https://www.premierleague.com/news/912537

Premier League clubs have agreed in principle to introduce Video Assistant Referees (VAR) to the competition in the 2019/20 season

At a shareholders’ meeting today, clubs were provided with an update on the non-live VAR trials being undertaken by the League and Professional Game Match Officials (PGMOL) this season.

Key learnings from VAR's use...

It's very odd that there isn't even a date set yet.  You would have at least thought they would let people know.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I hope not. I'd like to enjoy the PL this year the way i remember it before var comes in the flowing season. 

The concept is good but in its current format it's very poor. Half the time I've seen it the fans don't have a clue what is going on. Also I don't like that every decision now fans and managers are doing the var signal. 

It's really irritating. It should only be for if a ba crosses a line as it was originally intended

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope not. I'd like to enjoy the PL this year the way i remember it before var comes in the flowing season. 

The concept is good but in its current format it's very poor. Half the time I've seen it the fans don't have a clue what is going on. Also I don't like that every decision now fans and managers are doing the var signal. 

It's really irritating. It should only be for if a ba crosses a line as it was originally intended

VAR is completely different to the goal line technology. I think there's been numerous examples of where VAR has worked particularly well this season. We would have had a different Champions League finalist this season if it wasn't for VAR.

To be honest I'd like to think that the Premier League wouldn't continue to be the only major league not using VAR and I'd say the same thing if we weren't in it.

Edited by tom_avfc

every Villa keyboard warrior is rejoicing as being back in the prem means 100% guaranteed free home and away streams again....get in there!

it was tough finding one in the champ unless the game was on sky.   theres nothing worse than torture of listening to a game on the radio or watching one of those text screens.

some villa memories of being huddled over a laptop are as special as the ones I've watched at Villa park. like the last min ashley young goal at everton and sheffield weds away this season.

30 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

VAR is completely different to the goal line technology. I think there's been numerous examples of where VAR has worked particularly well this season. We would have had a different Champions League finalist this season if it wasn't for VAR.

To be honest I'd like to think that the Premier League wouldn't continue to be the only major league not using VAR and I'd say the same thing if we weren't in it.

There has also been some very poor examples as well. It needs work for me. Needs to be done a lot quicker and I think there should be a limit to how many var decisions a game. 

I agree about your final paragraph though. 

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Demba-Ba.jpg

If you have a VPN you can watch all of the games which are covered on beIN Sports.....for a small cost.

Click here for all of the details

If you’re in the UK, you’re pretty much locked into either BT Sport or Sky Sports. And even if you paid the £60+ a month for both subscriptions, you still won’t be able to watch every Premier League game-  because 3pm Kick Offs aren’t broadcast in the UK.

It’s grossly unfair. UK football fans have to pay much more to watch the Premier League than viewers from any other nation. And that’s not even for every game. Thankfully, there’s a pretty easy way to level the playing field. All you need is a VPN and you’ll be able to stream the Premier League via another country’s Sports TV website.

MODS; I've checked the guidelines and if i have miss read them and this falls foul (i dont think it does) please delete the post.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

When do we officially become a premier league team?  It's one day this week isn't it?

I don't know why I bother, I really dont 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1