Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but Fulham sacked their manager early on in on the season then replaced him with raneri. A terrible decision that was always going to lead to relegation. 

Then they wasted 100m on some pretty average players who didn't gel at all. 

Fulham made massive cock ups they only have themselves to blame. 

Fulham also signed a load of players that the manager didn’t want. That won’t happen at Villa.

• Like 1

--------------------------------Steer/Kalininc-----------------------

Guilbert------BrokenChester-------Revan------------Taylor

-------------McGinn-----Hourihane------Grealish-------------

Jota--------------------------------------------------------------Green

-------------------------------Kodjia-------------------------------------

Bring on City!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Bookies have us at 2/1 to get relegated.

That was about our odds of winning the play-off final 😧

While going down would suck, it wouldnt suck as much as it did last time. We should play with no fear next season. As long as we dont do anything financially stupid like Fulham the club is in a great spot for the next three years guaranteed regardless of which league. We should enjoy it and see what Smith and the Clubs management are looking to build.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You mean spend £100m on players? I think looking at our squad right now we don’t have much choice. 

yeah, we need to spend at least £50m and probably closer to £100m to have a chance. A new striker could cost anything around £30m alone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

yeah, we need to spend at least £50m and probably closer to £100m to have a chance. A new striker could cost anything around £30m alone.

But we’re saving a fortune on not building a theme park. 

• Haha 3

On 04/06/2019 at 21:11, Demitri_C said:

I have prime! That's great news if a couple games is on there. 

So glad don't have to scramble for shitty streams or the worst avtv service. 

Also we will be on Benin sports

It's gonna suck for me now in Oz

12 hours ago, Enda said:

Bookies have us at 2/1 to get relegated.

That was about our odds of winning the play-off final 😧

Other fans don't understand the model we're looking at, Wolves fans as example are taking the piss because we're linked to Charlie Austin. They also think we're a bit obsessed by thinking that the likes of Jota and Hause are coming as a squad players.

Let's not go far away, here in VT, including me. Most of our target as fans are lazy ones. Because we're much familiar with English football. It's my first time to hear about Maxi Gomez the other day, for example. 

In terms of squad, we're definitely the most weak. All of us are hopeful, but other fans look at first signing and have impression in our market regarding that.

14 hours ago, thejoker said:

Fulham also signed a load of players that the manager didn’t want. That won’t happen at Villa.

Yes I heard similar rumblings.... No vanity purchases at Villa, if we spend big it will be worth it (hopefully). I don't even think it is the fee that is the major concern, you pay that once, it's the wages you are paying for 5 years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Other fans don't understand the model we're looking at, Wolves fans as example are taking the piss because we're linked to Charlie Austin. They also think we're a bit obsessed by thinking that the likes of Jota and Hause are coming as a squad players.

The Dingles are still coming to terms with the fact that we are now back in the PL and their brief glimpse of sunshine as the only Midlands PL team is over. The reality that they never really got out of our shadow is hitting them hard, their obsession with us is as strange as it is amusing. I’ve never really considered them as proper local rivals. 

I think they’re well run at the moment and have done really well, but they seem to be under the impression that they’re suddenly Man City in disguise. The reality is that they’re just another Midlands club driven by an unhealthy, obsessive jealousy of us. They’d be better off concentrating on finding a proper girlfriend, who they’re not closely related to. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The Dingles are still coming to terms with the fact that we are now back in the PL and their brief glimpse of sunshine as the only Midlands PL team is over. The reality that they never really got out of our shadow is hitting them hard, their obsession with us is as strange as it is amusing. I’ve never really considered them as proper local rivals. 

I think they’re well run at the moment and have done really well, but they seem to be under the impression that they’re suddenly Man City in disguise. The reality is that they’re just another Midlands club driven by an unhealthy, obsessive jealousy of us. They’d be better off concentrating on finding a proper girlfriend, who they’re not closely related to. 

I think them being run properly with us going in the right direction, that would make the standard higher in the Midlands. Which would benefit us I guess. They’re the biggest club out there from the rest. I guess if they’ve been established PL club they would be a proper local rivals. Look at the years when Coventry were up, it used to be big games. I still remember 2010-2011 where all 4 teams were up. Its really fun. 

Its a bit strange but I really feel that we need more local derbies in the Premier League. If we had 6 games home and away as that season, it will really be fun especially when results go our way. 

I was at Villa last two games when sha went down last time. The atmosphere was great against Arsenal and Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why? Surely premier league is bigger than championship and easier to find online?

Nope, I have to get a whole another pay tv network and it's more expensive than the current one I have that has the championship. It's pretty much double what I'm paying now.

25 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Nope, I have to get a whole another pay tv network and it's more expensive than the current one I have that has the championship. It's pretty much double what I'm paying now.

Welcome to the big time my friend. 

59 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Time to switch to an Optus mobile?

I'm lucky that I've been with Optus the whole time so I now get every game live and free effectively. 

• Like 1