Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

53 minutes ago, Dick said:

My target is to bed Elizabeth Olsen, but realistically I'll more likely bed a 40 year old red head milf I meet in Spoons.

Your big problem is both of those ladies can exercise a choice whether or not to succumb to your charms.

As we all know, football is different. Our chances of success depend far more on what we do, than your chances of success with the ladies depend on what you do.

Those who think 17 th is “ the sane choice”, fine. I think we can get three more Wins than they do. Not sure that’s the same difference as with your women.

Kalinic

Guilbert Bree Chester Taylor

Hourihane

McGinn Grealish

Green                                      Kodjia

Hogan.

That's about or starting 11 as it stands now with the loanee's having returned to their parent clubs.

Now I'm confident we'll get loads of players in and improve massively from this, but as it stands this squad would finish dead last IMO.

Will be and interesting summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Lol I think some of you guys in here are overestimating how good the bottom half of the Prem actually is. 🤣

Watched some right shite games in the Prem this season. The fact we have Grealish, McGinn and El-Ghazi along with another class winger we're about to sign in our midfield, with Guilbert, Mings et al behind them means we'll definitely be better then about 6 teams already in the bottom half. 

We're going to be class. Don't worry about it too much. IMO, we'll finish anywhere from 8th-14th. We'll have some great results and some poor ones, but we're going to enjoy with Dean Smith in charge and with our new set up. 

I nearly agree.

Id say we will finish anywhere between 10 th and 15 th, that’s about 40/48 points. No reason it shouldn’t be 48.

If it’s 36 and 17 th I’ll be fine with that too.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I don’t think “people need to realise”.....this suggests that we aren’t all aware of the potential perils as well as the potential triumphs. 

Ive not spoken to a single fan who isn’t aware of the pluses and minuses. That doesn’t make those who see our chances of doing well unrealistic, just optimistic 🙂

I said that because when people have commented on survival, they get told they lack ambition etc etc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I said that because when people have commented on survival, they get told they lack ambition etc etc.

Fair enough.

Id agree there is no lack of ambition in the idea of survival, and it’s not gloomy, or negative, it’s fine.

And I think there’s no lack of realism in the idea of 10 th, and it’s not silly, it’s fine .

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay.P.A said:

Lol I think some of you guys in here are overestimating how good the bottom half of the Prem actually is. 🤣

Watched some right shite games in the Prem this season. The fact we have Grealish, McGinn and El-Ghazi along with another class winger we're about to sign in our midfield, with Guilbert, Mings et al behind them means we'll definitely be better then about 6 teams already in the bottom half. 

We're going to be class. Don't worry about it too much. IMO, we'll finish anywhere from 8th-14th. We'll have some great results and some poor ones, but we're going to enjoy with Dean Smith in charge and with our new set up. 

I don't think it's going to be easy and I disagree that we shouldn't worry about it too much, but I totally agree that people are overestimating how good the bottom half of the Prem actually is.

I really don't think the bottom of the PL is massively different to the top of The Championship.   It will be stock full of players who cost a load more purely because they were bought by Premier League clubs.....but could just as easily not have been fancied by a PL club and ended up in The Championship for a much lower fee.  Similarly there will be a load of top Championship players who very easily could have ended up in the PL if things had swung another way.

It's a bit like the housing market.  You get to a stamp duty level and similar houses can vary massively in price because no one pays £500 over a stamp duty threshold so you get this huge variation in very similar houses.

There is still a same pool of players, many will have signed to a PL club because they were luckily fancied by that PL club and someone who might only be the same or even slightly better goes for half the price because he only got into The Championship, but there's no massive difference between them otherwise.

I think it's impossible to say we are better than this team or that team when as it currently stands, we barely have a team to put out.

Also, we need to see how well our transfer window goes, as well as how everyone else's goes. We aren't the only ones with money, and we aren't the only ones that will be improving their team.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm waiting for December's fixtures

H man city

A Man united

A Spurs

H Liverpool 

A wolves 

H chelsea

We never seem to do good at December anyway. So bring it on! 😁

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Fair enough.

Id agree there is no lack of ambition in the idea of survival, and it’s not gloomy, or negative, it’s fine.

And I think there’s no lack of realism in the idea of 10 th, and it’s not silly, it’s fine .

👍

Agreed mate.

• Like 1

The atmosphere at VP next season will be the best in years, so expect that to translate into additional positive results over the season. Not a single team will relish coming to VP. #FortressVP

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

That may be the case but a lot of the clubs will strengthen and whether we like it or not Smith is still an unknown in this league so it’s still really a question mark. It’s also about whether our key players adjust to the pace of the league from the championship. Might get more time on the ball but defensively have to be much more aware and have to work much harder.