Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

If you don't mind watching on your PC/laptop, you can just sign up here: https://sport.optus.com.au/signup If you use them as your NBN provider, you can get a deal with no data limit that includes their "fetch TV" box (which includes the Premier League package) and plugs into your TV so you can watch on the big screen.

Failing that you need to find a way to broadcast from your PC to your TV. I've never had to so I can't help you there.

I've been an Optus customer for many years and have found their streaming service to be excellent....

... apart from the last WC.

I actually had no issues with the WC at all. I still switched to SBS when they gave it up because it was easier, but still used Optus for the 20 minute minigames and highlights. 

I spoke with a Chelsea supporting workmate who said that Optus sport was flawless for the Premier league this season. 

It's so nice to know that I'll just be able to watch week in week out without trying to find a stream. Even little things like not having to dig through the menus on  Sportsbet to find the Villa game will be excellent

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

***BREAKING NEWS***

we are officially back under the premier league tab on the sky sports website.

im so happy 😁 

Also we are currently in a Champions League qualifying place

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And if you typed in 'ch', you got Champions' League first. 

There might be something I don't get and I'm aware of basic marketing techniques but isn't "Championship" a rather silly and pompous name? There are quite a few all right teams in the second division, but champions they aint.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

There might be something I don't get and I'm aware of basic marketing techniques but isn't "Championship" a rather silly and pompous name? There are quite a few all right teams in the second division, but champions they aint.

It's an absolutey stupid name. As far as I'm concerned, it's the second division. 

There's not a lot of action in terms of transfers yet. The internationals are a hinderence to this I guess. 

I reckon the start of next season could be a bit wild results wise as loads of players aren't getting much of a rest post/pre-season and could suffer burn out. I know they're in peak physical condition but they're also only human. 

I wouldn't mind facing a few of the bigger sides early on before they get into their groove. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

On 10/06/2019 at 15:16, baldivisvilla said:

Download the Optus app on to your phone, sign up for $15 per month. Apparently you can get an adapter from your phone to hdmi input on your TV for around $60 from JB hi fi or probably cheaper over the net.

Optus Sport  ($15 per month) and a "Chromecast" dongle for $60 to plug into your TV is what I have.

All the Europa League, Champions League and International Matches included as well. You have options for replay included e.g. full match replays, 30min extended highlights or a 5min goals roundup. 

Apple TV or XBox/Playstation should be able to play it on your TV as well. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

I’ve been thinking just now, we have only been in top 2 since we went down for 2 weeks.

Couple of days last season till we got beaten by Fulham, Cardiff got back to second. 

First week of this season by Goal Difference with the mighty Brentford being first.

Its strange as Derby was second for a while last season. Tesco Bags had couple of weeks up there I guess. Leeds won the league by Christmas.

Even Fulham wasn’t at all in top 2 all season.

Infact I don’t think we’ve been top 4 this season at all, apart from the first two weeks.

Edit: I know it’s about Championship, but didn’t know where to write it, lol.

Edited by abdulaziz1

I see @Hairyhands ended up working at Brighton.

Brighton and Hove Albion ground staff sacking 'a witch-hunt'

Employees of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club claim they were unfairly dismissed in a "witch-hunt" after team selection was leaked online.

Three members of ground staff were allegedly denied disciplinary hearings or reasons for their sacking on Friday.

The GMB union said the dismissal "stinks" and called for Brighton to reinstate workers.

Brighton, which recently retained Premier League status, said it would not comment on the incident.

The club announced team selections were being leaked from October 2018.

On 04/06/2019 at 15:32, imavillan said:

If you have a VPN you can watch all of the games which are covered on beIN Sports.....for a small cost.

Click here for all of the details

If you’re in the UK, you’re pretty much locked into either BT Sport or Sky Sports. And even if you paid the £60+ a month for both subscriptions, you still won’t be able to watch every Premier League game-  because 3pm Kick Offs aren’t broadcast in the UK.

It’s grossly unfair. UK football fans have to pay much more to watch the Premier League than viewers from any other nation. And that’s not even for every game. Thankfully, there’s a pretty easy way to level the playing field. All you need is a VPN and you’ll be able to stream the Premier League via another country’s Sports TV website.

MODS; I've checked the guidelines and if i have miss read them and this falls foul (i dont think it does) please delete the post.

Thanks

New Zealand has a new home for the Premier League on Spark from 2019-2022, who takeover from Bein Sport after the last 3 years.

Good job I did my research as very nearly signed up using the method in your link, £9/month for every game was a great deal to be fair. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone else think that a top six spot is wide open this season?  Take Man City and Liverpool aside, then the usual suspects below have some issues to sort out.  Arsenal seem all over the place, Chelsea may have a two window transfer ban with Hazard gone. Man Utd appear to be in a mess and if Spurs lose Eriksen, and perhaps even Kane?    Surely the likes of Wolves, Everton and Leicester have a chance of getting in this season. 

15 hours ago, Junxs said:

New Zealand has a new home for the Premier League on Spark from 2019-2022, who takeover from Bein Sport after the last 3 years.

Good job I did my research as very nearly signed up using the method in your link, £9/month for every game was a great deal to be fair. 

Thanks, i was going to sign up to this.

There must be others around doing something similar. When i get some time i'll do a search and see whats out there.

• Thanks 1

It's going to be very weird for me. 

I have hardly watched any Premier League footy the last few years, got little idea about a lot of the players names, strengths and weakness. 

Can't wait to get our boys up against the best though. 

I am sure SJM will be a star and think Mings will be too if he signs. 

Can't wait for the Roller Coaster to top that hill. 

Let's all start screaming with our hands in the air. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I put a bet on a top half finish, a top 6 finish and one to win the league without the big 6....also a sneaky one to win the league :)

I know I’m an idiot.

Don't worry, I always have a bet on us winning the league and a separate bet for us to win every league game. :flag:

• Like 1

On 11/06/2019 at 08:45, VILLAMARV said:

Some beauties from down the (more recent) years to whet the appetite.

(Dalian :( )

It still pisses me off that Lowton's goal wasn't goal of the month because Van Persie's goal against us won. But that goal was OFFSIDE - and went on to win goal of the season. Lowton would have won it if the officials knew how to do their job :bang:

RIP Dalian. What a talent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It still pisses me off that Lowton's goal wasn't goal of the month because Van Persie's goal against us won. But that goal was OFFSIDE - and went on to win goal of the season. Lowton would have won it if the officials knew how to do their job :bang:

RIP Dalian. What a talent.

If Carlsberg did rants..

• Haha 1