Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I still think it's completely inappropriate to be playing football right now but I am pretty excited. Let's see how long that lasts! I don't imagine watching (m)any non-Villa matches though, unless results affect us or purely out of boredom.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

This time Sunday we could be 4 points clear of The Relegation Zone 🙂

Could also be 5 points adrift 😉

I just have a good feeling that we are going to do enough to avoid relegation. 

I'm just going to try to keep calm and if we win tonight I wont get too bullish and if we lose I wont get too down. 

We have ten games, to get the points we need.  How we do it I dont care.  I really hope we get points on the board early on but I also know the Villa doesnt work like that and there is more likely we'll win the last 4 games and be safe after doing virtually nothing in the first 6 games.  Relegation has a great chance of happening but so is avoiding relegation.  I hate that we are restarting, I hate the changes, the environment and all that but I'm glad now that the games are thick and fast because I know this forum will have meltdowns and highs but with the limited time between games that will limited somewhat unless it goes badly wrong in the first 4 or 5 games or likewise if we won the first 3 or 4 games.

C'mon Villa

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I just have a good feeling that we are going to do enough to avoid relegation. 

I'm just going to try to keep calm and if we win tonight I wont get too bullish and if we lose I wont get too down. 

We have ten games, to get the points we need.  How we do it I dont care.  I really hope we get points on the board early on but I also know the Villa doesnt work like that and there is more likely we'll win the last 4 games and be safe after doing virtually nothing in the first 6 games.  Relegation has a great chance of happening but so is avoiding relegation.  I hate that we are restarting, I hate the changes, the environment and all that but I'm glad now that the games are thick and fast because I know this forum will have meltdowns and highs but with the limited time between games that will limited somewhat unless it goes badly wrong in the first 4 or 5 games or likewise if we won the first 3 or 4 games.

C'mon Villa

= complete meltdown if we lose tonight  

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

= complete meltdown if we lose tonight  

Depends on the manner of the defeat.

If we concede our usual 20+ shots and 2 goals against people will be fuming.

If we lose but put in a good performance, with the defence clearly improved and worked on, then there will be positives to take.

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ryan Fraser refuses contract extension for Bournemouth. I imagine they won't be the only club with this problem.

What happened with Deeney by the way? I assume he accepted to train?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United looked like a long ball side today.

They had such momentum before the break.

Worst team i've seen this season since Newcastle at home

Been a gap so maybe memory playing up on me but yeah I'd probably agree with that, they were very toothless up front and because of the break lacked energy in midfield, didn't really do much of anything, bit of a nothing team 

Newcastle were a different level of shit though, they were awful 

Edited by villa4europe

So that's 3 players injured in the City - Arse game. Where there any injuries in our game?

Bundesliga has had a massive increase in injuries during the opening rounds, PL likely to be the same.