Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Chelsea ain't selling Tammy, they are building a better squad by adding quality.

Batchuayaye-whateverhisnameis might be leaving but Tammy ain't.

It would take a offer much higher than what they paid for Werner to even contemplate selling Tammy, and he's only just broken into the team for his boyhood club. He is not going to want to leave.

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

What are you on about?

One bad backpass from Hause. How do you 'train' that?

One ludicrous mistake from Nyland and another spilled catch besides. How do you 'train' that? Apart from that our defence barely gave United a sniff.

You don't play them. Simple as that.

Hause and Nyland both liabilities.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You don't play them. Simple as that.

Hause and Nyland both liabilities.

On Nyland I agree 100%. I think yesterday it was a choice between Hause and Elmo, and I think I prefer the back four that we had. Elmo is a bit past it—I think Hause has good attributes too and he was decent bar that one mistake.

The fixtures against Liverpool, Man United and Palace have been released today. All on Sky Sports within the space of a week. No free to air games for us anytime soon, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get any. A NowTV week pass will cover all three though due to the kick off times on the two Saturdays. Liverpool away first up, but two home games after. 

I hope we’ve still got the stamina for palace after playing pool and United. 

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The fixtures against Liverpool, Man United and Palace have been released today. All on Sky Sports within the space of a week. No free to air games for us anytime soon, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get any. A NowTV week pass will cover all three though due to the kick off times on the two Saturdays. Liverpool away first up, but two home games after. 

I hope we’ve still got the stamina for palace after playing pool and United. 

You know there’s only 4 games on the bbc (out of 92 to be played) right? 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You know there’s only 4 games on the bbc (out of 92 to be played) right? 

Yep. But there’s also meant to be four on Prime, and another load on Sky (16?)

As far as I can tell the three above are on sky sports main event, I assumed they’re not the free games. Could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

What are you on about?

One bad backpass from Hause. How do you 'train' that?

One ludicrous mistake from Nyland and another spilled catch besides. How do you 'train' that? Apart from that our defence barely gave United a sniff.

How do you train that? Your making out as if this is the first instance this has happened all season.  We have seen so many pathetic errors like hauses yesterday all season. I wont accept its a one off. 

We have been a defensive shambles under smith this year.

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

As far as I can tell the three above are on sky sports main event, I assumed they’re not the free games. Could be wrong though. 

Ah i see, sorry, hadn’t realised sky etc were putting some on for free too

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you train that? Your making out as if this is the first instance this has happened all season.  We have seen so many pathetic errors like hauses yesterday all season. I wont accept its a one off. 

So you're ignoring the fact they were individual mistakes and that other than that we looked good defensively, limiting them to pretty much nothing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hause's pass, how is that a training issue?  You know from a kid not to make that kind of pass across the backline when attackers are around.  If he needs training on that now then he shouldnt even be a professional footballer.  There was so many things wrong with that pass from decision making, time to make the pass to the actual execution of the pass.  He played well apart from that but Hause is so prone to different individual mistakes that arent really trainable they are just his general mentality in the moment.  The Engels slip against Spurs, Nyland last night.....yes looks like a trend but you look at them and just cry because they are individual traits rather than general training.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Of the latest games schedule release, I think they’ve said which are on Sky. Sky haven’t said which are free to air yet

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah i see, sorry, hadn’t realised sky etc were putting some on for free too

Yeah they’ll be available on freeview. In fact it’s 25 games altogether from Sky that are free. 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hause's pass, how is that a training issue?  You know from a kid not to make that kind of pass across the backline when attackers are around.  If he needs training on that now then he shouldnt even be a professional footballer.  There was so many things wrong with that pass from decision making, time to make the pass to the actual execution of the pass.  He played well apart from that but Hause is so prone to different individual mistakes that arent really trainable they are just his general mentality in the moment.  The Engels slip against Spurs, Nyland last night.....yes looks like a trend but you look at them and just cry because they are individual traits rather than general training.

There's really not a lot Smith can do about those, those are the sort of players you get when you have to spread your money out so much. I mean I like Hause, he wins everything in the air and is a really good defensive option at set pieces (50p head makes him basically worthless in attack) but he wasn't good enough for the Wolves reserves, is our 4th choice CB and cost about £2m. We're not signing a player that's not making the odd mistake for that.

In terms of goalkeeper we've currently got to choose between our 3rd and 4th choice due to injuries, again, neither can be considered a significant upgrade over the other and training can only achieve so much.

We're not going to be steamrolling teams, never conceding any chances and winning our last 9 games, but I was encouraged last night, we looked organised and the only chances they created came from a couple of individual errors, which we can't really do much about. We created some good chances and aside from 1 fantastic save we'd have won that with a goal for Davis. They had really only 2 openings the whole game, the terrible pass from Hause which we stopped before they even had an attempt, and the "goal" which was out of nothing, I think a team in 19th restricting a team in 6th to only 2 half chances in 90 minutes, while creating much better openings at the other end is pretty good going. 

I'm not convinced we'll stay up, but we've got a better chance now than we did before the break, I'm hoping the fact we've had an extra game will allow us to catch Chelsea cold on Sunday and steal a win 

• Like 1

What I have found unbelievably nauseating is betting companies adverts telling everyone now its ok to bet again on football. 

Never mind that over 40,000 have died, that deaths are still higher now than before the lockdown and that we are charging headlong into a massive recession, come on  lads have a bet.

Have they no shame? 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Rolta said:

So you're ignoring the fact they were individual mistakes and that other than that we looked good defensively, limiting them to pretty much nothing.

Name me another side that has made so many stupid and sloppy passes liek we have this year? Hause, mings, nyland, engels, konsa all have made silly mistakes like hause. This comes under concentration and thats something coaching can address. 

They were not under form of pressure yesterday so that isnt entirely true. It wss such a slow pace game hard to judge but we still almost lost thanks to hause.

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thats what im getting at its a trend of collosal and basic defensive mistakes. Ive never seen so many stupid ones in a season.

Its costs ua bog time.  Smiths never been a great defensive coach. Ask brentford fans

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What I have found unbelievably nauseating is betting companies adverts telling everyone now its ok to bet again on football. 

Never mind that over 40,000 have died, that deaths are still higher now than before the lockdown and that we are charging headlong into a massive recession, come on  lads have a bet.

Have they no shame? 

I was thinking this but then I looked at myself who has been dabbling more in the stock market while in lockdown because I have all this extra time and for once I'm putting my finance background and training to use for myself especially with the volatile markets at the moment, so I'm being hypocritical.  Bizarrely is it taking some upside from a bad situation.  Nobody else gives a damn like football restarting.  Betting companies have to make money as well as they have employees that need the jobs.  It's just where do you draw the line of what is acceptable of benefiting during such a sad time.  I mean nobody has probably benefited more than amazon whose delivery service has probably never been higher then netflix then football then betting........I just say to myself that I'm looking after an elderly parent and me sitting in front of a computer playing with stocks and taking advantage is something to pass the time.

Kevin De Bruyne made a horrible back pass last night so shows even the best players can do it. 
Luiz also had a game last night worse than any of our defenders this season and he is probably on more money than all our centre backs combined

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thats what im getting at its a trend of collosal and basic defensive mistakes. Ive never seen so many stupid ones in a season.

Its costs ua bog time.  Smiths never been a great defensive coach. Ask brentford fans

but a player having a brainfart is not on Smith.

our defensive shape was miles better last night than most of the season and that is all Smith can really work on

Just now, Zatman said:

Luiz also had a game last night worse than any of our defenders this season and he is probably on more money than all our centre backs combined

That was a shocker, I was almost happy to have Hause instead then 🤣