Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

2 players tested positive in latest round of testing, 1 from Norwich who played in a friendly against Spurs on Friday night. Just goes to show how quickly this could potentially spread across the division. One game at a time, just get the win by any means necessary against Sheff Utd. Who knows if the restart will be as successful as it has in Germany. We have to have the mentality that we might only get one game before it gets called off again. I suspect teams will lose key players in the build up to games unexpectedly and preparations will be damaged. Praying SJG & SJM are fine for every game.

After the events of the last two weekend finishing this season is the least of the problems. 

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Mate if you can't support black lives matter then you shouldn't get to watch football. I'm a Conservative, but it is clear that black people are not treated to the same standard as white people. The same goes for any ethnic minority for that matter. White people are 5 times less likely to get arrested for committing the same crimes as black people even though they offend at roughly the same rate.

Racism has no place in football and if you want to express hate in place for joy then I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, we'd rather not have you. Go support Chelsea I'm sure you'd have a lot in common with the fans. 

Also what do you think are far left? Anything left of the nazis? Or just centrists? 

Out of interest you got a link for that? 

I completely agree with what you're sort of saying, but I'm allergic to statistics from the thin air. And I'd be amazed if that was correct. 

Generally, where ever you go criminal acts are linked with level of wealth and education. Pull relative percentages and I'm baffled if different colours offend at the same rate. 

Simply because education and wealth distribution isn't remotely even. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest you got a link for that? 

I completely agree with what you're sort of saying, but I'm allergic to statistics from the thin air. And I'd be amazed if that was correct. 

Generally, where ever you go criminal acts are linked with level of wealth and education. Pull relative percentages and I'm baffled if different colours offend at the same rate. 

Simply because education and wealth distribution isn't remotely even. 

This is a statistic I read back in 2016 which also means I can't find the original source so the data will likely changed slightly but according to gov.uk black people get arrested 3.5 times more frequently than white people. Rather than the 5% that I quoted, although that could just be misremembering the statistic. 

The main issue is most of the actual data for offences committed (but not arrested for comes from America). I imagine it would be similar in the UK especially for things like drug violations. In the USA 6.6% of white adolescents sell drugs compared to 5% of black adolescents (according to analysis of the national survey of drug use and health in 2012). The same survey concluded that white and black people use drugs at about the same rate. I couldn't find statistics on general crimes probably because drug use is minor enough people generally won't lie about it. 

I couldn't find any post on the gov.uk website about offences so I can't find an exact replica for the statistic.

You are right to question the statistic but I couldn't find the original so you will have to put up with what I could find in 5-10 minutes. 

Edit: Wealth inequality is a big factor but you have to remember there are a lot of poor white people as well and especially outside the big cities there are very minorities so things like drug and petty crimes will be much mor elikely to be committed by white people. 

Edited by MotoMkali
Replying to another point in the previous post

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We really are not fancied to stay up are we? 

Worst defence in the division along with possibly the hardest fixtures left out of the bottom few I can see why nobody fancies us to stay up. If we can beat Sheffield and get something from Chelsea I think we will be in with a great chance of staying up but if we look anything like we did against Leicester there's no chance. 

13 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Worst defence in the division along with possibly the hardest fixtures left out of the bottom few I can see why nobody fancies us to stay up. If we can beat Sheffield and get something from Chelsea I think we will be in with a great chance of staying up but if we look anything like we did against Leicester there's no chance. 

Agreed. If we continue being as shit as we were before the break then smith needs to be sacked end of the season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hearts are suing the SPFL over relegation

Rightly so. You can't change the rules of engagement  after everyone has started using them without agreement from everyone it affects.  A farce to end the season early for anyone. A farce to carry on under different conditions and laws.  What's the rush.... oh yeah, money

• Like 1

Tranmere Rovers are considering suing the EFL over relegation also.

They've had to make 20 members of their staff redundant due to the vote to end the season on PPG.

Palios was forced to send out around 20 redundancy notices to Tranmere staff following last week's announcement that the club would be relegated from League One on a points-per-game basis.

Tranmere claim it is a decision that has cost them £1m in lost revenue.

The Prenton Park outfit were just three points off safety with a game in hand and their sense of injustice has been further fuelled by the fact they had won their last three matches.

That's a massive loss for a club in League One. I hope they sue those greedy ghouls in the EFL.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Tranmere Rovers are considering suing the EFL over relegation also.

They've had to make 20 members of their staff redundant due to the vote to end the season on PPG.

That's a massive loss for a club in League One. I hope they sue those greedy ghouls in the EFL.

Won three on the trot, momentum in their favour and a game in hand as well. Further proof integrity means sweet F A in the modern game.

I really hope Tranmere succeed with their legal challenge.

• Like 2

Every time the media (e.g. BBC and Sky) mention the last game played in the Premier League do they really have to keep mentioning the scoreline?! Grrrr. Annoying! And accompanied by a word such as "hammered", "thrashed", "destroyed", etc, etc...  😬 Thanks so much for constantly reminding me, rather than putting 'The last game in the Premier League was Leicester v Aston Villa on 9th March. : (

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Every time the media (e.g. BBC and Sky) mention the last game played in the Premier League do they really have to keep mentioning the scoreline?! Grrrr. Annoying! And accompanied by a word such as "hammered", "thrashed", "destroyed", etc, etc...  😬 Thanks so much for constantly reminding me, rather than putting 'The last game in the Premier League was Leicester v Aston Villa on 9th March. : (

I'm actually hoping that motivates our players that it is being thrown in their faces.  That people have already written us off.  Hopefully also that opposition team under estimate us.  

I live in hope!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm actually hoping that motivates our players that it is being thrown in their faces.  That people have already written us off.  Hopefully also that opposition team under estimate us.  

I live in hope!

Good point. I hope that happens, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I live in hope!

I think it will. The mentality of a sportsperson is to win at every opportunity and they will hate being so widely written off. 

• Like 2