Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've got a lot of experience and industry insight, but in terms of this deal I don't necessarily "know" more than most.  Just joining the dots really.

They're a big, big company, that's for sure.  That in itself could be viewed as a good thing because it shows they know how to make money.  There are lots of ways to make money, though...

Whether it's a good deal or not depends on the structure.  It could be that Fanatics pay a fixed fee to Villa and then have the "license" enabling them to charge what they want to the likes of Luke or Kappa etc.  Obviously if they were paying Villa, say, £500k per year and Kappa offered £1m per year, the extra goes to Fanatics and not Villa.  This is entirely hypothetical though.

The flipside to that is Fanatics could be paying £1m per year and the interested brands are nowhere near that.

Without knowing the real ins and outs of a deal like this it's almost impossible to tell whether it's good or bad for the club.

NV knows his apples on this topic, probably more than any other Villa fan or certainly most so his insights are always highly credible.

The only thing I would add is Wyness did the deal..... from what I've been told most of the deals that Wyness did for the club are well.... a bit Ross McCormack.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought Luke Organ had done this one. From memory it may even have been completed after Wyness left.

From memory it was done/announced around Feb 17 so fat fingers was definitely still there.

Organ was involved I'm sure but I believe Wyness was the monkey!

Wyness just outsourced everything including the club store!

• Like 2

On 02/06/2019 at 19:49, VillaHatesMe said:

Sneak peek at the new kit

ssp_8684.jpg.d58c01c9a198923d917bb9f762dab608.jpg

And people were afraid it would be a slim fit.

Looks wide enough to me. Round almost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

West Ham have found yet another way to completely trash a claret and blue kit 🤣

I love their new away kit, but that home kit is fookin' ghastly...

Interesting. Have to say, I think it'll be a BIG sponsor - some sort of bank - no way are Wes and Nassef going to miss this trick, absolutely no point getting to the prem, with all their connections, only to go for some lame ass low money sponsor. This is route one stuff to funnel money into the club.

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Interesting. Have to say, I think it'll be a BIG sponsor - some sort of bank - no way are Wes and Nassef going to miss this trick, absolutely no point getting to the prem, with all their connections, only to go for some lame ass low money sponsor. This is route one stuff to funnel money into the club.

Wes has recently ventured into natural gas exports (called New Fortress Energy), mostly to developing nations I believe so I wouldn't be surprised if he sponsors us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Wes has recently ventured into natural gas exports (called New Fortress Energy), mostly to developing nations I believe so I wouldn't be surprised if he sponsors us.

working in LNG yep I can see that, market is growing at 10% year on year and is looking set to become huge in asia, china is investing heavily in it followed by south east asia, whereas the yanks are increasing the amount that they export

• Like 1

Â