Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

I think some of the 90s kits I had when I was in my teens would be bigger than the shirts ive bought in the last couple of years, seem to remember "baggy" is an understatement 

the pinstripe muller shirt I had when I was about 12 would be a XL mens I think, like a NFL shirt on me

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just found a bag of old kits. Some as far back as 90s. They all seem to be large and fit me comfortably now. Was baggy shirt’s the fashion back then cuz I was quite a slim kid?

Most likely I just didn’t know how to dress.

I’m pretty sure baggy shirts was the thing in the 90s... remember Lee Hendrie in the mid 90s? 

a78185f71d5597ec409242f122cf01f7.jpg

Always liked that reebok kit, shame the LDV sponsor was so big.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m pretty sure baggy shirts was the thing in the 90s... remember Lee Hendrie in the mid 90s? 

a78185f71d5597ec409242f122cf01f7.jpg

Always liked that reebok kit, shame the LDV sponsor was so big.

What were they thinking with that badge in a badge though. Liking that kit is easier when it was a pretty exciting season. Especially the first three quarters as I remember.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

What were they thinking with that badge in a badge though. Liking that kit is easier when it was a pretty exciting season. Especially the first three quarters as I remember.

The badge is dreadful looking back isn’t it!? Yeah, the better the season, the better the shirt memories generally. Especially as a kid.

I always have fond memories of the 1996 shirt, the AST Computers one, and I think that’s partially because of Euro 96 that summer when I was 11 and England were going to win something and the sun shine forever!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just found a bag of old kits. Some as far back as 90s. They all seem to be large and fit me comfortably now. Was baggy shirt’s the fashion back then cuz I was quite a slim kid?

Most likely I just didn’t know how to dress.

Looking back on old kits, they were ridiculously oversized lol.

What was up with the Parachute 3/4 sleeves?

Wonder what deal was struck with Kappa and whether it had allowances/add ons for the fact we could get promoted.  Won't we be the only club in the prem with Kappa kits?

• Like 1

I just realized how much the yellow Sky Bet badged really make the home shirt pop. Makes the shade of claret look that much more brilliant.

Wouldn't mind some yellow on next season's kit. It's part of our badge and club colours. Surprised it has very rarely been used. Macron's dull gold piping is probably the closest I remember but that shirt was horrendous.

4 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Wonder what deal was struck with Kappa and whether it had allowances/add ons for the fact we could get promoted.  Won't we be the only club in the prem with Kappa kits?

I reckon, ye on the add ons.

4 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Was thinking the same, surely there must be a bumper bonus/increase in any deal?

What even is this/does it mean?

https://www.uksoccershop.com/p-133715/2019-2020-villa-home-concept-football-shirt.html?currency=GBP&ovId=25131&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuLPnBRDjARIsACDzGL3oOloQoqeScGu-I5sViXJ9iaglCbBnlSvAuZd2f1KQD9p6jy5xvEUaAnkWEALw_wcB

A 'concept' shirt for next season on sale? A @Con?

Edited by 8pints
Ah I should have read the small print - This soccer jersey is a fantasy kit and is an alternate unofficial supporters jersey for Aston Villa.

11 minutes ago, 8pints said:

I think that won't be our real shirt...it kinda strikes me of those cheap replica kits of Real Madrid and Barca that you can get in Spain and Greece etc.  That badge is hideous too.  I actually like our current badge.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I think that won't be our real shirt...it kinda strikes me of those cheap replica kits of Real Madrid and Barca that you can get in Spain and Greece etc.  That badge is hideous too.  I actually like our current badge.

That's the home kit for Aston Ham famously supported by David Cameron

Â