Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we'd signed Justin for 6m there'd be wailing about spending that much on a League 1( now promoted)player.

Would there? From who?

Good young player in a position we need?

--

Wahey, page 400. 

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If the rumours are to be believed, we aren’t messing around and are showing a bit of ambition. These new owners clearly aren’t messing around, long may it continue, we mean business again 

Chris Wilder agrees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If we'd signed Justin for 6m there'd be wailing about spending that much on a League 1( now promoted)player. Now people upset he went to Leicester. Funny

I actually don't have a problem with those signings, guys who come in to develop (Gulibert would obviously start the season as first choice) and over time get into the team although no certainty as we've seen with James Bree over last few season (one who was highly rated at Barnsley so similar to this guy).

My concern is solely signing unproven top level players for 15-20m in key positions that will determine if we stay up or not....CB, DM and CF.

So we're now well into Wednesday and it looks very much like @Delphinho123 is a fraud.

Seriously, though, I'm going to experience a sense of anti-climax after all this edging if all today yields is the official announcement that Butland is done done when we have known for a week it's done already. :lol:

• Haha 2

As with all transfers anything can change at any minute until the deal is done (even then - Unsworth). Whilst I hope he is right and I am sure he is offering information from a good source I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Funny the way transfers can change,but never seemto change for the best..like expecting clint dempsey under lambert then getting enda stevens instead!

For once can it be like expecting Maupay and getting nicolas pepe instead!

Can see this move making him England number 1 , think Pickford is a disaster in waiting

Edited by pete101
Wrong thread butland thread was intended for
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You say this as if Leicester haven't recently won the Premier League and aren't already established in it.

Sometimes we need to remove the specs.

Yes we are Aston Villa, but some other clubs, are also other clubs with something to show.

What do you mean, they're signing Justin so they've got a replacement for Chilwell as he's gonna sign for the Villa, champions of Europe, greatest club in the world, loved by all. After all, we're going to be fighting for top 6 next season, despite statistically being by far the most likely club in the league to go down. 

judge reinhold agree GIF

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Has he seen who we are after/signing? Or is it more of a case that we can offer more fees and wages on the same players they are looking at buying? 

I expect it's actually both. It certainly seemed after the playoff that Deano and he are on very good terms so I'd be surprised if at some point their respective budgets haven't been discussed in the broadest terms.

Even if it was only Deano saying something like, "They're billionaires and they really aren't **** about. They've no intention of even flirting with going down again. They've got huge ambition" he'd be able to infer we are swimming in different target pools.

Also, there's a right grapevine in football. Whilst he's in conversation with agents and others in the game he'll have things said to him about who we are interested in. But since he's not a shithead like Candleface, he's not going to be gobbing off about what he knows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, privateer said:

So we're now well into Wednesday and it looks very much like @Delphinho123 is a fraud.

Seriously, though, I'm going to experience a sense of anti-climax after all this edging if all today yields is the official announcement that Butland is done done when we have known for a week it's done already. :lol:

Probably best to get ready for the anti-climax then!

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Has he seen who we are after/signing? Or is it more of a case that we can offer more fees and wages on the same players they are looking at buying? 

I think Deano called him up and said something like "Hi Chris, nice to mix it with the big boys hey? By the way, that includes us now too so as soon as you see us linked with a player you're interested in you may as well save face and turn attentions elsewhere big fella because we'll gazump ya. Enjoy the relegation battle mucker"

• Haha 2