Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Smith said himself only 2 days  ago that we were still looking to add more - it’s just we were unable to agree deals for whatever reason - purslow is smart and will not pay over the odds we value a player at.

Yeah I get that, but if they thought we really needed it, we'd do business. We wanted to, but they are happy enough to know we can wait till January.

It's a bit like when you were a kid and snuck into your parent's room to find your Christmas presents 2 weeks before the big day. You are so excited about all the presents you find. You even knew all the way back in January that you were going to get one of them but now it is here in front of your eyes it is even better and cooler than you thought. But then over the next few weeks you can't help but feeling 'hmmm, what if theres an even bigger, cooler toy that I didn't find!' Then when the big day finally comes and you are left with all those presents you found a few weeks earlier you can't help but feel a tad disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Smith said himself only 2 days  ago that we were still looking to add more - it’s just we were unable to agree deals for whatever reason - purslow is smart and will not pay over the odds we value a player at.

Deadline day is the worst day to be a buyer, look at all the mad prices. Once yesterday passed without activity I had a suspicion our business might be done. I held out some hope that since Brentford bought as if they expected to lose Benrahma they might capitulate to our offer, but they held firm. Fair play to them.

Quite staggered that we didn't sign anyone, if you'd have said that would have happened last night, or even this morning I wouldn't have believed it, was certain that we'd at least sign a striker. Got suckered in by all the talk of a big name signing, didn't quite believe the talk of Belotti and others but thought we might bring ins someone for around £15m, or on loan. As to how good of a window we've had overall I guess that the season itself will be the judge of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Awh. Cute. Won't think that in a few weeks Fulham 😂

I love the replies to this along the lines of "you've got a great player on your hands, just never given a chance at Spurs". As if he's on the fringes of the first team. From Spurs fans who have blatantly never seen him play. 

I like Onomah, but christ. Talk about deluded. 

Seems a bit of an anti-climax not to sign Benrahma and a striker but that is just me being greedy! 

In the cold light of day I will be able to reflect on a great and exciting transfer window. 

I'm sure if we need reinforcements in January, we'll go out and get them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I love the replies to this along the lines of "you've got a great player on your hands, just never given a chance at Spurs". As if he's on the fringes of the first team. From Spurs fans who have blatantly never seen him play. 

I like Onomah, but christ. Talk about deluded. 

I had a look at Stoke's Twitter feed yesterday and same thing. Some villa "fans" , " you've got yourself a great player in Hogan, never really given a chance under Bruce " Do these same fans realise Dean Smith's been the manager since October. Kinda past the sell by date to keep peddling that line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We will never know the ins and outs of the last couple of days in terms of potential transfer dealings  ( well technically Bree & Thor out no one in) we could have had our target(s) lined up and for whatever reason they didn’t come through. Or the mystery striker was just clickbait and our main target could of been Leao all along . who knows. Happy with what we got with the proof coming hopefully next May. Leeds could I ofe earlier than normal and Phillips could be attainable in Jan cheaper than this summer quoted fee,  we may go back for Benrahma in Jan as well if they aren’t flying high. Strikers are always difficult to obtain in Jan but who knows what it will hold. UTV

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Quite staggered that we didn't sign anyone, if you'd have said that would have happened last night, or even this morning I wouldn't have believed it, was certain that we'd at least sign a striker. Got suckered in by all the talk of a big name signing, didn't quite believe the talk of Belotti and others but thought we might bring ins someone for around £15m, or on loan. As to how good of a window we've had overall I guess that the season itself will be the judge of that.

Staggered ?? Oh my. Wonder what superlative you would of used to convey how you feel had we not signed anyone.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Staggered ?? Oh my. Wonder what superlative you would of used to convey how you feel had we not signed anyone.

He has a point. After sending out Green, RHM and Hogan on loan I was as certain as I've ever been in us signing a winger/striker. 

I honestly think we were in advanced negotiations, but some club some where changed the goal posts of the deal, and we refused to be fooled around. 

It's the only way I can make any sense of this. 

People are allowed to express shock or even disappointment that we didn't sign another striker, especially after all the talk in recent days, doesn't mean to say that they're disappointed with the window overall. Right up until this morning it seemed almost certain that we were going to be bringing in at least one more, as it is we're left with a striker who's scored one in fourty games, and who most were happy to see go on loan before today, in fact most seemed to think it was vital that he did for his development, another in Kodjia who is been injury prone, and Moraes who we know little about, I think all three will be fine, but it's not hard to understand why some may be concerned, and why the club itself wanted to bring in reinforements.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

People are allowed to express shock or even disappointment that we didn't sign another striker, especially after all the talk in recent days, doesn't mean to say that they're disappointed with the window overall. Right up until this morning it seemed almost certain that we were going to be bringing in at least one more, as it is we're left with a striker who's scored one in fourty games, and who most were happy to see go on loan before today, in fact most seemed to think it was vital that he did for his development, another in Kodjia who is been injury prone, and Moraes who we know little about, I think all three will be fine, but it's not hard to understand why some may be concerned, and why the club itself wanted to bring in reinforements.

Yeah, it's a bit like when you go out with the missus and she gets a bit pissed and promises you a chin-balls blowing and you can backscuttle her afterwards.

Then the word removed falls asleep in the taxi on the way back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

It's fine, I'm just surprised people aren't over it already to be honest. 

Each to their own. Actual football on the way. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Awh. Cute. Won't think that in a few weeks Fulham 😂

I think he’ll do well there if he plays, he was decent for us when he played. He wouldn’t have been on Tottenham’s books for as long as he was if he didn’t have something about him

• Haha 3