Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

"Pretty much done" doesn't rule out any further signings. It could mean that we will sign Benrahma but only if Brentford play ball and we can agree on a fee. 

Imagine Benrahma at Brentford today, knowing that the man that wanted him at Brentford is now managing a massive club in the Premier League with a squad full of internationals that cost over £140m to assemble. I bet right now he and his agent are trying to persuade Brentford's top brass to allow that move to happen. 

I think we're clutching at straws now, chaps. When asked the question about incomings, just prior to saying 'we're pretty much done', Dean responded with a resounding 'no'.

If anything, all that remains is a couple of outbound loans (Bree to Luton for one).

Gutted we didn't get to 1000 pages in this thread, of course, but it's time to look forward!

So the manager said we're done and we still think we'll be bring someone in? 

Fair enough, I'll stay expectant till 17:00 😋

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He said there was a chunk of cash there for January - I'd say we'll be back in for Benrahma.

Before 5.

Look, I have to keep going...

• Haha 1

I'm just concerned no matter what anyone says about our strikers.

I had high hopes for some Heavy hitter coming in.

I have said enough on Kodjia before, so the only thing I'll say is he better bring it. If we have to rely on him he really needs to keep on the move and do what alot of strikers in the prem do which is to harass for the ball until mistakes are made. January is a long time to go to wait to bring someone in to fill that second spot or even first if Wesley doesn't cut it or Kodjia can't make any goals. Yes we will hopefully have goals coming from all over but we still need our forwards to score regardless. I'm just not totally convinced at the moment with the choice to not sign a backup plan while we have had the opportunity to do so.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if the Augustine deal was to be talked about again in last hr , sky reporting that palace see him as zaha replacement , so zaha stays , can see this guys agent scrambling

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

"Pretty much done" doesn't rule out any further signings. It could mean that we will sign Benrahma but only if Brentford play ball and we can agree on a fee. 

Imagine Benrahma at Brentford today, knowing that the man that wanted him at Brentford is now managing a massive club in the Premier League with a squad full of internationals that cost over £140m to assemble. I bet right now he and his agent are trying to persuade Brentford's top brass to allow that move to happen. 

I think what everybody seems to forget is the agents role in all this, they are there to make as much money for themselves as possible, with little regards of where their player ends up at, the delays in moves happening could be all down to their greed, with the clubs and player involved just an afterthought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Augustine deal was to be talked about again in last hr , sky reporting that palace see him as zaha replacement , so zaha stays , can see this guys agent scrambling

Think it's a mistake not bringing him in.

Smith said himself a few days ago that the club feels that there areas that need strengthening, so doubt that's changed, I'm sure they're still looking to see if there's anything that can be done, just it's looking extremely unlikely at the moment. I'm wondering if we want Abraham back, and are holding back funds as we think there might be a chance of getting him in January if things aren't working out at Chelsea.

I can’t say it hasn’t been a good window because we’ve done extremely well bringing in the amount of players we have as early on as we did.

However.

If one or two of our forward players don’t step up, the likes of Wesley/Trezeguet/Jota, we will struggle. 

I still think we’re a couple of forward players light and one or two poor performances early on into the season will have people on edge.

Im excited without being that confident if I’m honest. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Smith has said no more signings in the spurs conference.

When the Gaffer says that I tend to believe it, would be sneaky though if it did happen but I doubt anyone else is incoming now.

I'm not sure if it was Purslow or DS that said this but wasn't there talk of getting a player in on loan? Clearly not going top happen now but would be interesting to know was it knocked back or did we buy the player outright.

I can't remember the last time I said this but I am happy with our keeper, defense and midfield options. Little light up top but that's life!! 

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Does it? I'm wondering if it stays open a little longer as we could still have players leaving for a couple of weeks?

That could go in their individual threads because it's players already here rather than speculative stuff on incomings.