Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

The Mcginn contract announcement was done this morning so as not be overshadowed by the mega signings we are making this afternoon.  

BELIEVE

:thumb: Mere fluffers for the gang bang we are going to be watching.:lol:

• Haha 1

Well it has been great and still time for Brentford to pick up the phone for Benrahma which I appreciate is highly unlikely but the window hasn’t slammed shut yet so a small bit of hope left .. I’m very happy with the business done and look forward to January’s debate ... 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I predict that Davis is going to be the surprise of the season, in a good way. If Ramsey sticks around I wouldn't be surprised to see him play himself into the matchday squad as well.

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. All of Smiths career he has got the best out of young players, as much out of necessity than anything. But he isn’t going to ignore that side of things just because we’re able to buy. If Brentford had signed Davis a year ago they’d possibly be asking £20m for him now. I don’t know much about Ramsey, but again he could be a diamond ready to break through. We have the coaches now to develop our own players and integrate them into the first team squad, rather than the disjointed haphazard approach we’ve had in the past. UTV!!

• Like 1

That's that then. 

Absolutely fantastic window for the club. The owners, Purslow, JP and the manager have all done incredibly well. 

We all got ourselves into a bit of a tizz about today, didn't we? I had convinced myself we needed another striker and winger. 

On reflection, I'm thoroughly happy with this window. I am v impressed by how we went about our business, the quality of the signings and the contract renewals. And to cap it off, we weren't held to ransom on the last day. 

At the start of the summer, we identified some key positions that needed strengthening. Dean, Suso and Purslow have pretty much nailed all of them. We rarely get to say this but I'm terrifically proud of the way the club has accounted itself. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

"Pretty much done" sounds like there's a little chink of light....

We were "pretty much done" a week ago so I wouldn't rule out some arrivals that make us "totally done" for this window.

• Like 1

Good window regardless, 

Not overly worried about the wide positions as we have Elmo who can do a job on the right and Kodija has played wide left before too.... also didn't Targett play wide left for Southampton before now? Sure i read that somewhere?

As for the strikers i agree it's a little thin but then they must have faith in what they've seen from Davis and Kodija may well surprise a few this season i reckon.

Overall pretty happy although also a touch of trepidation about Saturday tea time (Largely because the guy i give a lift to work is a huge Spurs fan!)

It's here though folks!.......................Come on you Villa boys!!  ...............(& Gals)

Pretty much done reads to me as waiting for departures. I think we're still looking at a couple of options or whatever suggests incomings. Where do we really need to reinforce anyway? Winger is the one people want but there are only 2 sides to a pitch and people who can cover the sides if there are injuries / suspensions / drops in form. 

It's been a really good window but as others have said our striker options are not ideal. Wesley is not renowned for scoring lots of goals, Kodjia hasn't been the same for us since his injury, and Davis has only scored about 3 or 4 goals his entire career. It's a bit of a worry. I do think we've got goals in us in midfield, but up front if you compare us to others it looks slightly worrying. We have to really hope Wesley hits the ground running, takes to the league like a duck to water, and is as prolific for us as Benteke was. Some good omens in that Jimenez, who absolutely shone for Wolves last season, didn't have a great goalscoring record before he went there. And Kodjia has a very good scoring record at international level so may step up. 

I'm disappointed by the Benrahma news as I feel he is an exceptional talent but I still think a striker is the most pressing (ideally one who can play out wide too).

I just hope we manage to pull something out of the hat by 5pm and this is smoke and mirrors from Dean. Augustin, Ben Yedder, Belotti would all be great signings but not holding out much hope.

38 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if we have loads of other people helpfully saying 'i think we're done' repeatedly then we can get to 1000 regardless.

You know what pal, I think were much done, don't you?

I'm sure Smith said 'no more signings', the 'pretty much done' thing is probably just a reference to the possibility that a few players might leave today, like Bree going to Luton.