Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

The only thing I don't really like about that presser is Deano saying we are happy with what we have as if we weren't after more deals, when a couple of days ago on 5Live he was saying there are areas we are looking to strengthen and are looking to get 1 or 2 more in. Nobody (barring the ever-negative few) would think worse if he just admitted we couldn't get those couple of deals done.

Not a criticism, just wish the statement was a bit more genuine and transparent as he usually is. Having said that, im only going off what I have read. Not actually seen the presser so I could be talking nonsense.

Just now, Smartin said:

The only thing I don't really like about that presser is Deano saying we are happy with what we have as if we weren't after more deals, when a couple of days ago on 5Live he was saying there are areas we are looking to strengthen and are looking to get 1 or 2 more in. Nobody (barring the ever-negative few) would think worse if he just admitted we couldn't get those couple of deals done.

Not a criticism, just wish the statement was a bit more genuine and transparent as he usually is. Having said that, im only going off what I have read. Not actually seen the presser so I could be talking nonsense.

you can be happy with what you have but still want to improve on what you have

• Like 1

I hope we do sign another player. As others have mentioned we are quite light up front and on the wings. Hopefully Smith saying that is either a negotiation tactic or just villa simply not wanting to get our hopes up.

If necessary we may have to look at the free agent market and try and low-ball sturridge if possible. I really don't like him and he probably expects 60 grand a week but if we could try and Convince him to take a 'hometown' discount if you will and get it down to under 20 he could be a good signing maybe have a hefty appearances and goal scoring bonus. Maybe 20 appearances and 5 goals gets him half a million. (Equivalent to 10k per week) 

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Benrahma is walking round like he’s swallowed a wasp.Dont believe this won’t happen dispite what Dean has just said  

Well if he's walking around like he swallowed a wasp in Brentford.......I doubt it could get done in time :)

any pictures of his wasp infused face?!?!, or just rumours?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

"Pretty much done" sounds like there's a little chink of light....

So you're saying there's a chance?.jpg

But - 6 players across the front 3 positions, a proper DM to allow Jack and John to get further forward, plus Hourihane in there for set pieces.  I think we'll get enough goals even with the odd injury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimcohen said:

Agreed. With Smith saying this, we don't look desperate and can maybe hold more on the numbers. I think we are done, but don't think anything is 100% just yet. 

We 100% wanted 1 or 2 more. Smith said that the other day himself. So we clearly still want more, its a matter of money and or timing, and or other clubs. He said this today so we don't look desperate, arn't held to ransom on the rates, or look like failures if we get to 5pm without any more. 

Nothing has changed for me, other than we know for sure that nothing is agreed subject to medical or permits yet. 

Agents will still call Suso, players are still looking for moves, we still have money to burn. 

I agree with this 100%, there may well not be any more this window, but until it Slams Shut™ we'll still be open to negotiation

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The idea of Wesley and Davis is that they hold the play up and bring the attacking midfielders into play to take the goal-scoring burden.

We have Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Trezeguet & Jota to all aid the striker.

I think that is exactly what will happen.

God were going to have to rely on Kodija as backup and then Davis....

Lets hope Wesley hits the ground running and doesn't get injured.

It's easy enough saying we will revisit in January if were struggling but we will get mugged off and have to pay extortionate prices as teams will make us a pay a premium as they will know were desperate.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you can be happy with what you have but still want to improve on what you have

Of course. I get the meaning, I guess there is just something about the phrasing I didn't like...

season 6 friends GIF

2 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Imagine if he had gone into his press conference ahead of our first PL game and he had said 'No I'm not happy with the squad we should have bought some better players for the wings and up front'

We might as well have not bothered turning up on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

If Benrahma doesn't sign now I'm off to start a relegation thread, it's like when Bruce left us with one fit CB. Dark times ahead friends.  

Step away from the crack pipe

• Like 2