Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just a day or so ago, most wanted Davis to go out on loan, and he was getting lambasted after every pre-season gams as not being good enough. I personally like him and think he could be a big surprise, but I thnk either way you look at it we've been left short up front.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Meanwhile our rivals Crystal Palace have Ayew, Benteke and Connor **** Wickham as their strikers. I think we're alright guys.

They’re not our rivals.

Im more worried about what United have in our race for 6th.

• Like 1

Disappointing we are having to defend our transfer dealings after what has been an amazing window. 

Genuinely interested, how would people be feeling if we had just signed Wesley today? Or if 5 our our signings had come in the last 48 hours. More optimistic I would imagine.

• Like 2

I don't see why anyone has to defend our transfer dealings, as no one has criticized our transfer dealings. People have only expressed disappointment that we haven't signed another attacker, even Smith himself wanted us to bring in more players.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Nothing's going to happen now, there's barely an hour left of the window. I don't think we've even been in for Benrahma for a while now, the only reason people thought it might happen was because of that Express article, but no one else reported it, and the Express aren't very reliable to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I see fans talk of Sturridge now joining us I think they’ve learnt nothing about what the club are trying to do. 

Said it before and I’ll say it again. If we sign Sturridge I’ll happily give my season ticket away. 

Bagsy first 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Meanwhile our rivals Crystal Palace have Ayew, Benteke and Connor **** Wickham as their strikers. I think we're alright guys.

2 of them use to be Villa players... I am exceptionally glad we never signed Connor Wickham! 

Though I believe Zaha has stayed so should count him in as well...

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not our rivals.

Im more worried about what United have in our race for 6th.

Martial, Rashford and Sanchez (technically). So nah, not that worried. 

Thor gone! 

Sad as clearly true professional, but clearly needed moving on. A wee bit of a shock he has just been let go rather than waiting for a transfer. 

Edited by cyrusr
Added sentance

I don't know why everyone is writing off Kodjia...  He's a more than capable back up for Wesley.  He'll score some important goals for us this season.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with our window, even missing out on Benrahma and the mystery striker.  I think our squad is more than capable of staying up, but the question will be just how far from the relegation zone we'll finish.  IN SMITH WE TRUST!!!