Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Last season we had Abraham, Kodjia, Hogan, and Davis, and then both Hepburn-Murphy (up until January) and Knibbs in reserve both who would have been deemed more ready than any youngster we have at the moment. Plus we weren't in the Premier League.

Having let 3 attacking players go on loan in the last week I thought we would have at least brought another one in - as others have said If Wesley got injured we are very light up front and that’s a worry .

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Last season we had Abraham, Kodjia, Hogan, and Davis, and then both Hepburn-Murphy (up until January) and Knibbs in reserve both who would have been deemed more ready than any youngster we have at the moment. Plus we weren't in the Premier League.

Second half of the season Hogan and RHM were out on loan. Knibbs wouldn't have been good enough which is why he is now with Cambridge.

We are in the same position as last season in terms of number of strikers.

I imagine Smith would have preferred a 4th striker, but if the option to buy our target wasn't there then we end our hunt. It's better than a last minute panic buy.

I'm sure in January we will sign a winger and a striker.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Having let 3 attacking players go on loan in the last week I thought we would have at least brought another one in - as others have said If Wesley got injured we are very light up front and that’s a worry .

Here we again .....name the 3 attackers we let go ?  

• Confused 1

We were much stronger last season striker wise than we are this season, relative to the division we're in, even Smith pretty much admitted the other day that we wanted to strengthen, of course he's not going to turn around now and say that he doesn't think our options are good enough. And regardless of whatever happened last season, it doesn't take away from the fact that we're a couple of injuries away (which is hardly the most out there possibility) from having to put some our youngster on the bench who've hardly played U23 football never mind anything else.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Here we again .....name the 3 attackers we let go ?  

Hogan, Green and RHM. 

A front line to strike fear into league 2 defenders.                                                                       In Scotland.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd rather play someone like Lansbury or Birkir upfront than Hogan tbf, or at least play those guys in midfield and push a winger further up. It's a gamble, but I'm generally comfortable with it given the attention given elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

As dramatic as it might sound, all it would take is for two of our strikers to get injured or suspened at the same time, for us to end up with one of Dmitri Sea, Hooper, Odutayo, Archer or one of the our other youth strikers on our bench, not really sure who's rated the highest out of those, Sea seems to be amongst the goals often, and Odutayo has looked very decent whenever I've seen him.

Plenty of premier league clubs are in that position. Man City only have Aguero and Gabriel Jesus up front - then they're into their youth players.

• Like 1