Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I think its a bit of a balls up closing the championship window the same time as the premier league.

Once the Premier League clubs register their 25 man squads, the players that they leave out would improve the quality of the championship to allow them get the fringe players that just missed out on these squads. 

The other thing that doesnt make sense is the championship starts a week before so why allow Championship sides an extra week to get their deals done? Surely they should either close the window before their season starts (to keep in line with premier league rules) or allow them to sign the premier league cast offs when they become surplus to requirements, just seems so odd to have their window close the same time as the premier league. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. If we sign Sturridge I’ll happily give my season ticket away. 

There's about 8k people now praying we sign Sturridge who would all happily take it off your hands. 

Just now, KMitch said:

I don't know why everyone is writing off Kodjia...  He's a more than capable back up for Wesley.  He'll score some important goals for us this season.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with our window, even missing out on Benrahma and the mystery striker.  I think our squad is more than capable of staying up, but the question will be just how far from the relegation zone we'll finish.  IN SMITH WE TRUST!!!

Imagine Kodjia and Wesley together upfront, now that’s pant creamingly exciting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Thor gone! :( 

Surprised by this

Not that we didnt keep him, but that no one came in for him (even on loan).

Obviously we have too many numbers for our squad of 25 so let him go rather than keep him unregistered.

Just now, nick76 said:

Wow I knew he wasn’t going to be first XI but this is dramatic.

We probably tried to shop him around and nobody was interested in paying a fee for him, and I don't blame them.  The main positive I can see from this deal is I no longer have to read countless pages of drivel about how Thor can "do a job" in the Premier League for us...

6 minutes ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

Bagsy first 

If it happens it’s yours. Will mean the club had learnt nothing from what’s happened in the last 10 years and I don’t want to waste time on it. 

I know it will happen but it disappoints me to see how many fans want it to happen.

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Surprised by this

Not that we didnt keep him, but that no one came in for him (even on loan).

Obviously we have too many numbers for our squad of 25 so let him go rather than keep him unregistered.

That’s Icelandic meerkat is gonna go nuts!!

6 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Thor gone! 

Sad as clearly true professional, but clearly needed moving on. A wee bit of a shock he has just been let go rather than waiting for a transfer. 

Didn't see that happening. A transfer, yes, but being cut loose on deadline day is odd. It won't hurt him when it comes to signing for a new club as he'll be a free agent but I'm surprised we didn't look to grab a few quid for him.

That said, the devil will be in the detail of the "mutual termination". What did we pay or not pay him and what did he waive or not waive to bring about the severance?