Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, useless said:

So for our strikers we're relying on a player a player who's only scored twice for us in forty appearances, a striker who's never played in the top flight, and has long periods out of the game, and another who is new to the country, and wasn't even prolific in the Belgium league.

Dooooomed we’re all dooooomed I say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

The idea of Wesley and Davis is that they hold the play up and bring the attacking midfielders into play to take the goal-scoring burden.

We have Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Trezeguet & Jota to all aid the striker.

Don't forget Taylor, our key creative outlet and Villa's mini Messi.

Pffffft...

'Deadline Day Fanboys...' fxxx me, that's a reach. If you can't see the risk for yourself then you may as well talk to the hand.

I'm as impressed and engaged in the 12 signings we made... but Christ on a bike, we are desperately thin up front, fanboy or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The idea of Wesley and Davis is that they hold the play up and bring the attacking midfielders into play to take the goal-scoring burden.

We have Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Trezeguet & Jota to all aid the striker.

Not forgetting the goal-scoring CBs

2 minutes ago, useless said:

So for our strikers we're relying on a player a player who's only scored twice for us in forty appearances, a striker who's never played in the top flight, and has long periods out of the game, and another who is new to the country, and wasn't even prolific in the Belgium league.

That's willfully putting a bad light on it. There's goals in our side all over the pitch, it's true we haven't got a big name 15-20 goal a season proven prem striker. But they are rare as you like and cost our entire summer spend near enough!

Is it 100% we're done for the summer then now?

The annoying thing is, even though Smith himself has confirmed that we're not signing anyone I will still keep checking just in case. I actually think Moraes, Kodjia, and Davis are all good enough and will do very well. In a way it's more the wing positions that worry me, I would have given Brentford the extra £5m for Benrahma, a decent season in the Premier league and he's the kind of player that would be worth £40m plus.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It could also be a negotiation tactic folks...........I wouldn't assume it means for sure we're done.

To announce it with 4 hours to go, when we're haggling over a fee, makes me think it could be....

What about the Tweets that said there was a Medical booked in for 5.00 one night earlier this week - and then another tweet said "successful medical"??

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It could also be a negotiation tactic folks...........I wouldn't assume it means for sure we're done.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

To announce it with 4 hours to go, when we're haggling over a fee, makes me think it could be....

Don't worry boys, denial is the first stage on the road to acceptance.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Agreed. With Smith saying this, we don't look desperate and can maybe hold more on the numbers. I think we are done, but don't think anything is 100% just yet. 

We 100% wanted 1 or 2 more. Smith said that the other day himself. So we clearly still want more, its a matter of money and or timing, and or other clubs. He said this today so we don't look desperate, arn't held to ransom on the rates, or look like failures if we get to 5pm without any more. 

Nothing has changed for me, other than we know for sure that nothing is agreed subject to medical or permits yet. 

Agents will still call Suso, players are still looking for moves, we still have money to burn. 

• Like 1