Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

When I first looked him up and saw the goal record I got a semi, then the more you read up and watch him in action the more and more he seems to go against the sort of player we're after. 

Perhaps it's a bit of lazy journalism with the Trezeguet association or perhaps he's actually good and looked worthwhile when we were scouting Trezeguet. It does seem a bit of a curious one though. 

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

When I first looked him up and saw the goal record I got a semi, then the more you read up and watch him in action the more and more he seems to go against the sort of player we're after. 

Perhaps it's a bit of lazy journalism with the Trezeguet association or perhaps he's actually good and looked worthwhile when we were scouting Trezeguet. It does seem a bit of a curious one though. 

Yeah it is odd. The Turkish media have had a mixed record with us too. Obviously they picked up on Trezeguet deal first but they were also adamant we were buying that Galatasary CB and went on about it for days. 

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

No matter how underwhelming Diagne's clips are they fill me with more confidence than Maupay's...😬

Maupay isn't the quickest is he. He seems to take an age to get the ball out from under his feet and still end up scoring. Different ball game with premier league defenders.

I genuinely think people got excited about a Belotti type signing for no reason. We have spent 22m on Wesley. If we sign another it will be a back up who is up and coming or a Harewood type. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, omariqy said:

I genuinely think people got excited about a Belotti type signing for no reason. We have spent 22m on Wesley. If we sign another it will be a back up who is up and coming or a Harewood type. 

Ideally we can find someone in the £15 million bracket that can cover both RW and striker. That would be ideal. 

• Like 1