Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I just don't think we would have purchased a backup striker that early in the market and made him our focal point in the pre-season games if he was never first choice. IMO. 

You’re probably right, unless we just couldn’t, for some reason, get our first choice in earlier. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can see Trezeget going on strike, Hogan's the reason he came here. #madness4daysB4Spurs

Mings, SJM and Jack will be equally gutted. But what can you do when the big boys come knocking. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

But what if Luiz is more than a DM, what if he plays as a CM in front of a DM? Would a back up be ok then, would you be disappointed if we signed Philips and rotated? 

What if we wanted to play 3 at the back, maybe not every match but develop it as an option, and/or Chester moved on or was crocked?

Would that still be Fulham-ish?

Like I said, I'm ecstatic with our business so far. I am genuinely the most excited I've ever been for a coming season.

We have done absolutely the right thing so far this window. We all know signing 13 or more players is a massive risk but it's much better than the alternative of having no squad or extending contracts from last year's squad. I'm good with what we've done so far.

There are a lot of differences between us and Fulham LY. I think from where we are now, if we were to sign another CB and CM we would be straying a bit too close to the scatter gun 'sign everybody' that Fulham went with in the final days of last year's window. I would be concerned.

We need a back up Striker. If Dean wants Diagne, cool I'll back him 100% 

Wouldn't be my choice but it's not my money and it's not my job to manage him, I just think that with him *and* two unneeded players in CB and CM we would be starting to verge a little bit towards what we have been saying is one of our differences to what Fulham did.

Wasn't trying to be negative, genuinely most optimistic I've ever been towards Villa, I just think we have a good balance and another DM for instance would be a back up, making Luiz suddenly back up to two supposedly £50m+ players. Potential for disharmony. Same with making Hause and Konsa back ups to backups with a new CB. I'm all for competition but we don't need to do it all in this window.

A striker and a winger, I'll be over the moon. If that's Benrahma and Belotti I'll even start looking at the top half. I just have concerns if there were to be another 4.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Belotti is as likely as a massively unlikely thing wrapped in deeply improbable paper in a very doubtful box.

Sometimes, if you tightly close your eyes and really, really wish hard, all your dreams come true. Try it?

Belotti is getting overhyped yes he'd be a coup for us, but the way some people are talking you'd think he was a first teamer at Real Madrid or somewhere rather than at Torino. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think it would be the biggest shock either, also I don't think he'd cost anywhere near some of the figures that have been mentioned for him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Belotti is getting overhyped yes he'd be a coup for us, but the way some people are talking you'd think he was a first teamer at Real Madrid or somewhere rather than at Torino. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't think it would be the biggest shock either, also I don't think he'd cost anywhere near some of the figures that have been mentioned for him.

Announcebelotti!!!

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Torino knocked back a €70m plus players offer from inter.