Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Diagne could easily work in our system as a backup striker - looks strong, gets others involved etc. Doubt he'd be prolific but if he fits in then why not? 

We’ve wondered multiple times throughout this thread who we could sign as a young, squad striker behind Wesley so this sort of signing wouldn’t surprise me at all, really. All this big time striker talk has skewed our perspective on it, I think.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thats2 said:

We’ve wondered multiple times throughout this thread who we could sign as a young, squad striker behind Wesley so this sort of signing wouldn’t surprise me at all, really. All this big time striker talk has skewed our perspective on it, I think.

I'm not against a backup striker, especially one that can play wide right. My (slight because I've never seen him play) problem is more to do with the thread on Villa Analytics which doesn't really paint him in a great light.

People are assuming that we’re after a striker as back up to Wesley. What if the back up is Wesley and we’re bringing in our main striker now, but it’s taking time to get over the line. Like a Marvellous medical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smartin said:

This one does feel a bit 'Fulhamsy' to be fair.

I'm nervous by this too. Although for me we won't be touching fulham-ish unless this, and the links to a 3rd DM and yet another CB also come true. I'll start to worry then. Until now the strategy etc seems good and I'm not nervous at all. 

Those 3 things happen and I'll worry we've overdone it

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I find the thread from twitter a wee bit insulting, tbh. So, players get lucky but at Kasimpasa Diagne would have had to gotten lucky on thirty two occasions. I'd take the opinion of one fan with a pinch of salt.

What is interesting - beyond his bizarre Instagram page -- is that he's moved around a lot. Does he struggle to settle in? Are there bigger problems there? I think that's the bigger question. 

Never forget...never forget Alfonso Alves...

Mitroglou? He was awesome in Championship Manager but compete shit in real life. Scoring a lot of goals in an inferior league is no guarantee...

Edited by Jas10

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ideally we can find someone in the £15 million bracket that can cover both RW and striker. That would be ideal. 

I hear Bristol City are willing to let go of Jonathan Kodjia for around that much.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

best video I’ve found. Seems like he moved mid season and then only scored penalties?

Looks useful here. TBH you can’t argue with that goal tally, he may be clunky but he gets on the end of a lot and gets them home, that is all you want.

Maybe he is a sub and comes on when we need to go long? Like last season vs the baggies in the play off when they parked the bus?

Still think we are aiming for a headline striker.

33 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I genuinely think people got excited about a Belotti type signing for no reason. We have spent 22m on Wesley. If we sign another it will be a back up who is up and coming or a Harewood type. 

What’s a “Harewood” type? Rubbish?

• Like 1

Can't believe Ryan Kent going to Leeds for under £10 million. Amazed we not all over that. Young huge potential, lightning pace, eye for goal. Did fantastic for rangers and had his best games in the old firm.

Better than Wilson for me for absolute bargain price

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm nervous by this too. Although for me we won't be touching fulham-ish unless this, and the links to a 3rd DM and yet another CB also come true. I'll start to worry then. Until now the strategy etc seems good and I'm not nervous at all. 

Those 3 things happen and I'll worry we've overdone it

But what if Luiz is more than a DM, what if he plays as a CM in front of a DM? Would a back up be ok then, would you be disappointed if we signed Philips and rotated? 

What if we wanted to play 3 at the back, maybe not every match but develop it as an option, and/or Chester moved on or was crocked?

Would that still be Fulham-ish?

50 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I genuinely think people got excited about a Belotti type signing for no reason. We have spent 22m on Wesley. If we sign another it will be a back up who is up and coming or a Harewood type. 

People are stupid. No chance we were ever in for Belotti.