Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Tyrone Mings has been more highly rated than Webster for a longer time. He's also a Premier league player, and was before we signed him. If Webster had have led Bristol City to promotion, then maybe he'd be worth the money being talked about for him.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

What do people think of Tottenham's Marcus Edwards if Benrahma doesn't come off (or even as cover for El Ghazi and Benrahma)?

He has admitted to having had an attitude issue before but seems to have turned a corner with that while on his Dutch loan spell this year. Left footed and most obviously a No.10 he has spent most of last season playing on the right wing. He has a bit of pace and some incredible dribbling skills and an eye for a through pass. Should also be able to play LW. Needs to work on his upper body strength and defensive contribution / pressing skills.

He's only 20 has just one year left on his contract and looks set to leave Tottenham. Could be available for a decent price (well maybe not it is Levy).

I think he is a similar sort of player to Benrahma but should be cheaper even though he is English. 

Any thoughts?

Good shout as a back up prospect .... Said yesterday Dan Crowley seems to also bring turning his career around after past attitude issues ... it’s forgotten at times these are young lads and some make mistakes and learn some don’t .... Add Bayliss into the mix that’s 3 very good relatively young prospects easily available it would appear for reasonable fees...  

42 minutes ago, jonjon said:

He's still undergoing treatment for his injury and is working on getting fit, but is doubtful even for the start of the season, so he could be a risky buy at the moment, out of all our players they are prepared to sell, he's the one they are desperate to keep hold of if they can, but money talks, so who knows?

From his Instagram, it looks like he is doing ball work now, so can't be that far from returning. We brought Downing when he had a broken leg! Injuries don't deter us! 😉

Edited by Made In Aston

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Said yesterday Dan Crowley seems to also bring turning his career around after past attitude issues ... it’s forgotten at times these are young lads and some make mistakes and learn some don’t

Yes I suggested Crowley ages back but a lot of people were dead against him due to the way he left the club for Arsenal. It might be that there are still enough people (I'm thinking staff more than players) left at Villa from that time that it would affect the atmosphere around the place. 

Edwards has more pace than Crowley and would fit better in the LW or RW slot of Dean's system.

Crowley would be more suited to being cover for Jack which if I were him wouldn't be a good selling point. I would imagine he would prefer more guaranteed game time. On the other hand unless Jota can play there I think we still need cover for Jack who has missed big chunks of the last two seasons which has really cost the team. Jack's stress injury last season might mean his game time will need to be managed carefully during the upcoming season as well.

Do people think Jota could cover for Jack?

• Like 1

Wouldn’t want Edwards or Crowley. We have a young winger to develop in Andre Green, we need to bring someone in to be ready to start and compete in the RW position from the off.

Potentially we later have a chance to bring in a younger winger to develop as well. But primarily we need a starting winger to bring in goals and assists from the start of the season in line with El Ghazi.

The rumours on Twitter imply that we have bid around €11 million for Trezeguet today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Wouldn’t want Edwards or Crowley. We have a young winger to develop in Andre Green, we need to bring someone in to be ready to start and compete in the RW position from the off.

Potentially we later have a chance to bring in a younger winger to develop as well. But primarily we need a starting winger to bring in goals and assists from the start of the season in line with El Ghazi.

The rumours on Twitter imply that we have bid around €11 million for Trezeguet today.

I hope we are going for Benrahma as well to give us 4 wide options - I see Green going on loan to the Campionship, maybe even to Brentford as part of a deal to bring Benrahma to VP.  If not, then I would rather we just went for Benrahma and left Trezeguet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mallett said:

Yes I suggested Crowley ages back but a lot of people were dead against him due to the way he left the club for Arsenal. It might be that there are still enough people (I'm thinking staff more than players) left at Villa from that time that it would affect the atmosphere around the place. 

Edwards has more pace than Crowley and would fit better in the LW or RW slot of Dean's system.

Crowley would be more suited to being cover for Jack which if I were him wouldn't be a good selling point. I would imagine he would prefer more guaranteed game time. On the other hand unless Jota can play there I think we still need cover for Jack who has missed big chunks of the last two seasons which has really cost the team. Jack's stress injury last season might mean his game time will need to be managed carefully during the upcoming season as well.

Do people think Jota could cover for Jack?

Hard to gauge how good Crowley is. He's not even playing with a good team within a poor league to be fair. Looks to small to cut it in the premier league too. Way too fast.

1 hour ago, mallett said:

What do people think of Tottenham's Marcus Edwards if Benrahma doesn't come off (or even as cover for El Ghazi and Benrahma)?

He has admitted to having had an attitude issue before but seems to have turned a corner with that while on his Dutch loan spell this year. Left footed and most obviously a No.10 he has spent most of last season playing on the right wing. He has a bit of pace and some incredible dribbling skills and an eye for a through pass. Should also be able to play LW. Needs to work on his upper body strength and defensive contribution / pressing skills.

He's only 20 has just one year left on his contract and looks set to leave Tottenham. Could be available for a decent price (well maybe not it is Levy).

I think he is a similar sort of player to Benrahma but should be cheaper even though he is English. 

Any thoughts?

Currently trying to sign him for Villa on FIFA Manager mode. (Wants too much money)

Rated extremely highly for the future.

Sidenote: Jack keeps getting injured long term, then moans when he comes back and has lost his place.

Andre Green is a beast!

Yes I know this post has nothing to do with him, but i've been playing alot recently so get excited when I see a name I know lol.

I usually google something like "Best cheap, high potential Winger etc. to find them, I hope the club are doing the same. 😛

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We are not duty bound to develop Andre Green. We play a part but it's mostly down to him. He has a way to go. I'm doubtful if he makes it here.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Based on what ... your opinion only ?! Please give us more insight as I’m intrigued... 

Dean Smith has history of re-signing players he's worked with before.

At Walsall Andy Butler left for Sheffield United. Wasn't playing up there and came back on loan two months later. Fabian Brandy also came back the next season on loan.

At Brentford he quickly signed Sawyers and Rico Henry.

Here he's got in Jota and now Konza.

Nothing wrong with that but yes very much a signing he'd have pushed for I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Currently trying to sign him for Villa on FIFA Manager mode. (Wants too much money)

Rated extremely highly for the future.

Sidenote: Jack keeps getting injured long term, then moans when he comes back and has lost his place.

Andre Green is a beast!

Yes I know this post has nothing to do with him, but i've been playing alot recently so get excited when I see a name I know lol.

I usually google something like "Best cheap, high potential Winger etc. to find them, I hope the club are doing the same. 😛

For anyone playing FM 19, Edwards is the best loan ive ever got. Got him when i was with Charlton in league one. Valued at 17 million at the time. Chanced it, got him because i was a London based club. Pissed the league. Got him again the following season and beat Brighton in the playoff final.  😁

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villadodo said:

Is anyone else enjoying a transfer window where we sign sensible players for positions we actually need to fill instead of selling our only centre back to raise funds for our tenth right back?

Or even a few summers back i was excited when we were signing jedinak and de laet. What we are doing now, how we are operating - night and day really.

1 hour ago, villadodo said:

Is anyone else enjoying a transfer window where we sign sensible players for positions we actually need to fill instead of selling our only centre back to raise funds for our tenth right back?

Very much so. There is a general air of competence about this management and executive team which I really appreciate after years of.. well what we had before. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I hope we are going for Benrahma as well to give us 4 wide options - I see Green going on loan to the Championship, maybe even to Brentford as part of a deal to bring Benrahma to VP.  If not, then I would rather we just went for Benrahma and left Trezeguet.

That's not going to happen, we don't do loans, as far as I can remember Dean Smith and our DOF's stopped doing them about 2-3 seasons ago, and I think Villa want to go down the same route, why nurture and develop another teams players at the expense of your own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'd be up for that.

One thing regarding Cahill, is that I've seen a lot of people suggest signing him on a 1-year deal, but I can't see that happening. Cahill will surely have offers of 2-3 year contracts from Prem Teams, so I can't see him accepting a 1-year deal.

When we do the hypothetical "Would you sign Cahill?" questions, it needs to be, "Would you sign Cahill (on a 2-year deal)?"

FWIW. I would. I know he doesn't fit our 'model', but there's nothing wrong with a bit of age and experience in the squad. Especially in the GK and defence positions.

Cahill, Mings, Konsa and Chester would be a good mix of experience and potential, in my opinion.

Which is arguably most important for the centreback position. Three years is pushing it for me due to his age, but I'd sign him for two and start him the first year and have him as backup the second.

• Like 2