Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, jonjon said:

That's not going to happen, we don't do loans, as far as I can remember Dean Smith and our DOF's stopped doing them about 2-3 seasons ago, and I think Villa want to go down the same route, why nurture and develop another teams players at the expense of your own.

Because loan players can get you promoted to the Premier League 🙂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Hard to gauge how good Crowley is. He's not even playing with a good team within a poor league to be fair. Looks to small to cut it in the premier league too. Way too fast.

We weren't good enough for him once and now he's not good enough for us. How does he feel about that I wonder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John said:

We weren't good enough for him once and now he's not good enough for us. How does he feel about that I wonder?

He's the epitomy of what I despise about modern football. We shouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't boo him, but I would never ever support him in any way. 

7 hours ago, villadodo said:

Is anyone else enjoying a transfer window where we sign sensible players for positions we actually need to fill instead of selling our only centre back to raise funds for our tenth right back?

I find it hard to be happy about a transfer window since I was delighted with the signings in the summer before we got relegated and then i was also happy with the signings the summer we got relegated.

So far it all seems quite sensible and promising. But it’s always hard to tell until the season starts. 

Off topic I had a dream we went 3-0 up against Spurs!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's the epitomy of what I despise about modern football. We shouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't boo him, but I would never ever support him in any way. 

Yes, he's had his chance with us. I don't expect that we will now be looking to give him another opportunity to wear our shirt. He's probably waiting for Barcelona to make a bid for him in any case.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it hard to be happy about a transfer window since I was delighted with the signings in the summer before we got relegated and then i was also happy with the signings the summer we got relegated.

So far it all seems quite sensible and promising. But it’s always hard to tell until the season starts. 

Off topic I had a dream we went 3-0 up against Spurs!

I had a dream yesterday that Wesley put us 1-0 up, lobbing Lloris. We then immediately let an equaliser in due to a defensive balls up. El Ghazi then put an absolute sitter over the bar and the game finished 1-1. Let’s hope yours is the one 😅

26 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I had a dream yesterday that Wesley put us 1-0 up, lobbing Lloris. We then immediately let an equaliser in due to a defensive balls up. El Ghazi then put an absolute sitter over the bar and the game finished 1-1. Let’s hope yours is the one 😅

I’ll happily take yours tbh mate! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

That's not going to happen, we don't do loans, as far as I can remember Dean Smith and our DOF's stopped doing them about 2-3 seasons ago, and I think Villa want to go down the same route, why nurture and develop another teams players at the expense of your own

Because you'll have the option to buy him at the end - for £20m of course! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A 17 year old kid taking a chance at a bigger club really isn’t anything to do with modern football nor it it a big deal.  Bet you didn’t have a problem when Barry joined us from Brighton.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A 17 year old kid taking a chance at a bigger club really isn’t anything to do with modern football nor it it a big deal.  Bet you didn’t have a problem when Barry joined us from Brighton.

Well that's a subjective thing isn't it? And you are not even telling the full story.  What happened was that he was at a club that could develop him, a club that was well known for bringing young footballers into the PL, yet he decided with his family that instead of being loyal and thinking football, they wanted the money and signed his first professional contract with Arsenal. So he actually moved on from us at 16 with **** all compo. Players who value money over football, show no loyalty, is exactly what I hate about modern football. But like I said, subjective. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What the hell does a 16 year old kid know?? You’re still a baby at that age.  He would have been advised by his family and I think they made the right decision at the time. 

It works both ways mate. The amount of kids that get realised at that age by clubs they spent their whole childhood with is scary.  Especially if they invested so much time in to football at the expense of education (a reason why I think Asians don’t make it in the game but that’s another topic).  In some cases they just get an email telling them they are released and that’s the end of it.

I understand an established footballer not showing loyalty to a club been frowned upon. But a 16 year old kid?!

They know plenty. People aren't very different from 16 and 30. Those who are snakes at 16 are snakes at 30. 

Anyway, each to their own. I just know I would never ever support him. 

I know nobody would agree with me but just seen on Sky Sports website that Diego Costa wants to come back to the premier league. Great striker and only 30. Knows Terry, and if I remember correctly his teammates said while he was a complete @#$&# on the pitch he was a lovely guy off the pitch (I think it was Terry who said that).  He would cost a fortune, probably disrupt our wage structure, not fit into Smiths plans and all that so I know it’s not right.

but.....

what a statement......

great striker, clinical....focus on him by opposing teams and Wes can play off him and have the space to learn and also do what he does. He’ll bring goals, excite the fan base and teams would be weary of him and it would be a statement of intent by us that we are back.  Plus we need another striker.

Yes bad idea before getting on my back...

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know nobody would agree with me but just seen on Sky Sports website that Diego Costa wants to come back to the premier league. Great striker and only 30. Knows Terry, and if I remember correctly his teammates said while he was a complete @#$&# on the pitch he was a lovely guy off the pitch (I think it was Terry who said that).  He would cost a fortune, probably disrupt our wage structure, not fit into Smiths plans and all that so I know it’s not right.

but.....

what a statement......

great striker, clinical....focus on him by opposing teams and Wes can play off him and have the space to learn and also do what he does. He’ll bring goals, excite the fan base and teams would be weary of him and it would be a statement of intent by us that we are back.  Plus we need another striker.

Yes bad idea before getting on my back...

I think it would be a fabulous signing. Apparently Wolves are in for him.

• Thanks 1

According to my mate, who supports Hannover, we're linked with Waldemar Anton. Centre half and only 22. He reckons he's got a lot of talent but had a disastrous season. Then again, they got relegated so they probably all did anyway.

The article was in Bild but I can't see/link it as it's one you have to pay for.

• Like 1