Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I was nervous by the lack of signings mid June already, but people on here said I was unreasonable. It's clear the club does not feel a preseason is important. I am still nervous. 

Personally I think two things. The people in charge of transfers at the club are coming across as slightly naive and, well, poor at their job so far. It will come down to signings next week and whether they take place. They will either be clueless or geniuses.  Secondly we are, unless we suddenly sign 5-6 players, favourites for relegation in my book. Preseason was imperative after losing the core of the squad that got us promoted. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We can, but it's changed a lot the last 5 years. If a top 6 team don't win any match, it's a disastrous result and looked at as a huge bonus for the other side. Pretty crap for a competitive league that.

Mate it used to be 2 instead of 6 until the big money came in. 

It’s the same in most leagues. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I was nervous by the lack of signings mid June already, but people on here said I was unreasonable. It's clear the club does not feel a preseason is important. I am still nervous. 

Personally I think two things. The people in charge of transfers at the club are coming across as slightly naive and, well, poor at their job so far. It will come down to signings next week and whether they take place. They will either be clueless or geniuses.  Two, we are unless we suddenly sign 5-6 players favourites for relegation in my book. Preseason was imperative after losing the core of the squad that got us promoted. 

Na, I'm not that fussed about all this pre-season get the team gelled approach.

Why rush just to get everyone in for Pre-season? Yeah I get it helps but I don't hold it to a be all and end all situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally I think two things. The people in charge of transfers at the club are coming across as slightly naive and, well, poor at their job so far. It will come down to signings next week and whether they take place. They will either be clueless or geniuses.  Secondly we are, unless we suddenly sign 5-6 players, favourites for relegation in my book. Preseason was imperative after losing the core of the squad that got us promoted. 

Wow where to start .... You really have no idea about football or how it works do you .. 

• Like 2

?

Guilbert     ?        (Mings) Targett 

?         McGinn

(Behrahmi)   Grealish     El Ghazi

Wesley

Steer, Nyland, Elmo, Chester, Hause, Taylor, Tishbola, Lansbury, Jota, Hourihane, Green, Kodjia + the kids 

Outs:- 

Kalinic 

Bikir

Hogan 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Wow where to start .... You really have no idea about football or how it works do you .. 

Don't be so obnoxious mate, it's 5 points if you get the ball across the line and 2 extra points if you kick it over the bar.

You think I'm thick or summat?????

:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

?

Guilbert     ?        (Mings) Targett 

?         McGinn

(Behrahmi)   Grealish     El Ghazi

Wesley

Steer, Nyland, Elmo, Chester, Hause, Taylor, Tishbola, Lansbury, Jota, Hourihane, Green, Kodjia + the kids 

Kalinic 

Bikir

Hogan 

Who is this benrahmi player?, any good vids? :)

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally I think two things. The people in charge of transfers at the club are coming across as slightly naive and, well, poor at their job so far. It will come down to signings next week and whether they take place. They will either be clueless or geniuses.

I think we should wait to see what happens before we put the CEO and SD up for execution.

I am more confident in Suso and Purslow than I was in Wyness and Round.

No need to panic.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

McCarthy

Guilbert  (Axel - loan)  (Mings) Targett 

(Nakamba)         McGinn

(Behrahma)   Grealish     El Ghazi

Wesley

Kalinic 

Bikir

Hogan 

That plus Trezeuget and Maupay would be perferct IMO but needs £75m plus spend.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You keep saying this and whilst you’re entitled to your opinion.   I think it’s coming across as bullshit mate.

Say what you want. The squad numbers going into preseason are there for all to see 

• Haha 1

I wish some people would take a breath.  People flapping about having players in place for the “US Tour”, it’s one game, it means little in the grand scheme of things, we will use youth players as fillers as needed.

The main thing for us is quality over quantity.  We all remember windows over the last few years where we have spent for the sake of it and all got giddy about new faces.  We didn’t start to compete until we got the RIGHT faces in!  There is a moral there!

Keep calm, keep faith!

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don't even know where to start on this level of rubbish, but what ever you say 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't even know where to start on this level of rubbish, but what ever you say 

You love the hyperbole don’t you. Having worked in football for a number of years for Oxford Utd I know a hell of a lot more than you on the intricacies of the game .... but yeah be a keyboard warrior and I look forward to your further posts as I need some comic relief. 

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

I wish some people would take a breath.  People flapping about having players in place for the “US Tour”, it’s one game, it means little in the grand scheme of things, we will use youth players as fillers as needed.

The main thing for us is quality over quantity.  We all remember windows over the last few years where we have spent for the sake of it and all got giddy about new faces.  We didn’t start to compete until we got the RIGHT faces in!  There is a moral there!

Keep calm, keep faith!

100% agree, the USA game is just a exhibition match for brand awareness and probably to appease Wes Eden’s. Real pre season starts when we get back and I’m sure a few things will have been sorted out by then, it’s not panic stations at all yet, chill people chill, we just warming up.