Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

On 30/06/2019 at 18:59, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is good enough

Based on what? Reserve team football?

Villa have a long list of strikers as good and better than rhm over the years that never made it.

His loan spell in league 1 was mediocre at best, and he hasnt managed to go more than a few months without injury to dare.

I love your optimism, but you never back up your opinion with anything more than spurious observations that don't stack up when you look at the facts.

Based on his performances at senior level he has shown nothing to suggest he is anything more that a squad player at champ level at best and league one also ran at worst.  The kid would get eaten alive in the prem as he is extremely naive and we do not have the luxury of allowing him to learn on the job.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I haven’t been keeping a close eye on this, but I kinda had the impression Palace were looking for around double that? Isn’t he their star player by quite some distance?

I think there’s a sell on clause that Man Utd benefit from, which I guess would influence the price.

They sold their right back for £50m, Zaha must be worth about £80m.  It's **** nuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I haven’t been keeping a close eye on this, but I kinda had the impression Palace were looking for around double that? Isn’t he their star player by quite some distance?

I think there’s a sell on clause that Man Utd benefit from, which I guess would influence the price.

Wan Bisakka gone if they lose Zaha they are getting relegated. Get on at the bookies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Until we've seen the whole transfer window, it's hard to know how much the market has inflated, so we have no idea what a par fee is.

Ignoring free transfers, under-21s and lower league players, here's what's happened so far (some of these fees might be wrong, just based on what I could Google):

• Bournemouth:
    • Kelly (Bristol City) £13m
  • Brighton:
    • Trossard (Genk) £15m
  • Chelsea:
    • Kovacic (Madrid) £40m
  • Everton:
    • Andre Gomes (Barcelona) £22m
  • Man Utd:
    • Daniel James (Swansea) £18m
    • Wan-Bissaka (Palace) £50m
  • Southampton:
    • Che Adams (Scum) £15m
    • Djenepo (Standard Liege) £14m
    • Danny Ings (Liverpool) £18m
  • Watford:
    • Craig Dawson (West Brom) £5.5m
  • West Ham:
    • Fornals (Villareal) £25m
  • Wolves:
    • Jimenez (Benfica) £30m
    • Dendoncker (Anderlecht) £11m

The lowest fee is £5.5m for Dawson, who is 29 and is never going to be anything special. Then it's Dendoncker, which does look like a good piece of business on Wolves part.

But you can see that the fees we're paying are mostly at the lower end of the scale. 

I don't see any 20-30m championship players in that list. #muppetmediaOUT

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Until we've seen the whole transfer window, it's hard to know how much the market has inflated, so we have no idea what a par fee is.

Ignoring free transfers, under-21s and lower league players, here's what's happened so far (some of these fees might be wrong, just based on what I could Google):

• Bournemouth:
    • Kelly (Bristol City) £13m
  • Brighton:
    • Trossard (Genk) £15m
  • Chelsea:
    • Kovacic (Madrid) £40m
  • Everton:
    • Andre Gomes (Barcelona) £22m
  • Man Utd:
    • Daniel James (Swansea) £18m
    • Wan-Bissaka (Palace) £50m
  • Southampton:
    • Che Adams (Scum) £15m
    • Djenepo (Standard Liege) £14m
    • Danny Ings (Liverpool) £18m
  • Watford:
    • Craig Dawson (West Brom) £5.5m
  • West Ham:
    • Fornals (Villareal) £25m
  • Wolves:
    • Jimenez (Benfica) £30m
    • Dendoncker (Anderlecht) £11m

The lowest fee is £5.5m for Dawson, who is 29 and is never going to be anything special. Then it's Dendoncker, which does look like a good piece of business on Wolves part.

But you can see that the fees we're paying are mostly at the lower end of the scale. 

Looking at that the Belgian league appears to have the best value for the money at the minute Djenepo, Trossard and Dendoncker all look like they could be bargains for their quality and the price when stacked up against quality of the other deals.

Hopefully Wesley too. 

Next year Trossard will be a good buy of Brighton go down (if we stay up) as he'll end up being available for £12m

Edited by HalfTimePost

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Man Down The Pub News has been dormant for a while. 

Hey! Don’t knock my source, he broke the McCormack exit way before anyone! He’s in the right place to find out such news

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

yeah think Manure have a 25% sell on agreement, and Palance were demanding "80m" for Zaha.

I read when Manure signed Palace's full back for 50m, Palace tried to get Manure to agree to drop Zaha's sell on fee, Manure said....nopeski.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

oh my, just seen a new low for a click bait headline.

"Smith is aching for him" - Whelan names "stunning" player Aston Villa trying to sign.

I havent clicked on that link cus......STFU stupid click bait :), but oh my......."aching for him".......wtf how nauseatingly bleh.

Modern "journalists" - named loosely, need to be rounded up and.......have a stern talking to.....

Is it only me that gets insanely infuriated by these clickbait headlines?!! They are the most cringe worthy, pathetic things! I'd be embarrassed if I was a "journalist" writing crap like this!

Rant over!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I used to like Newsnow but it’s just pointless these days. 

Agreed.  I should really delete it from my bookmarks. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just been on to my mate who’s a season ticket holder down at Ashton Gate and asked him about Webster. I’ll summarise.

Great attitude. One of their most creative players (bizarre). Class above. Played in midfield on a few occasions and bossed it. Great passer.

All seems positive. 30m is a bit steep but they just sold someone for 14m and my mate reckons Webster is twice the player he’ll ever be.

Reported transfer of Kelly was £13m rising to £17m

ITK person on our forum tells us it's £15m rising to £21m plus a sell on fee.

The clauses for the extra £6m are at least partially related to England appearances. As a reference for this persons reliability, he told us Kalas would be signed today.

Kalas's signing no indicator of anything to do with Webster as he's been a target since the end of the season.

However this same person has also said next signing is likely to be Websters replacement. Whether that's an indicator of an accepted bid from Villa or someone else is the next question as Southampton have been sniffing around also.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I like how it says, "it is thought to be under the £30m valuation Leeds wanted." So could be £1 or £29,999,999.99p or anywhere in between.

Yeah it doesn't sound very Acura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I see Brizzle have signed Tomas Kalas, which could mean they’re ready to accept a bid for Webster? 

57 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting, a record fee also (but weirdly it says "record fee" but also "fee undisclosed"), rumour says 9m maybe.

seems they may be spending the Webster money already maybe?!?!

edit - Kalas played at Bristol last season as a regular, they are just making the loan permanent.

edit edit - they have signed Robby Cundy from Bath, he's a CD - not sure if first team material tho?

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They've signed him for a club record fee. I imagine that means webster is on his way.

£7m real number, so if all of Websters clauses had been met he'd have cost us more.

Buying Kalas unrelated to Webster, he was already a target. Cundy was signed from Bath and will likely be out on loan. Websters replacement already being approached if our ITK is to be believed and I'm not sure I've ever seen him get something wrong.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

£7m real number, so if all of Websters clauses had been met he'd have cost us more.

Buying Kalas unrelated to Webster, he was already a target. Cundy was signed from Bath and will likely be out on loan. Websters replacement already being approached if our ITK is to be believed and I'm not sure I've ever seen him get something wrong.

Does your itk think webster is coming here?