Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Welbz is a funny one. Looks like he can't play football half the time.

He can play wide right as well. Wouldn't be against it on a free if he signs a pay as you play.

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I check in here in the morning NZT to see if we've made another signing or close and instead we're under investigation and Smith has resigned yet I can find zero mention of it anywhere on Google or so called itk. What gives?

Personally speaking , I give not one second of my time worrying about this bullsheeet.

59 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Twitter user @Hot_diggity_D seems to have some info, he's telling people Smith has resigned. I've sent him abuse, suggest others do the same.

Or, just ignore him. Sending him abuse is exactly what he wants.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I said that a few weeks ago and was about as popular as a remain candidate for the conservative leadership. In theory I would think he would be a good signing but it is clear that we are looking at early to mid 20 players only this window. 

Welbeck would be like Bolasie but much worse. He's 1 goal in 5 games player made of glass

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Arsenal bidding 12m for Bowen.

He's a steal at that price, thats the kind of money prem teams play for backup players let alone starters.

Would even pay 18m for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Don't see it. Hope it's true though.

If that's true then news should be around a day or two time confirming right??

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wan Bisakka gone if they lose Zaha they are getting relegated. Get on at the bookies

Might be worth waiting to see who they sign with all that extra cash first. 

we need players on the way up, not on the way down.....but Dean knows that.

I think those dark days are behind us of signing older players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

we need players on the way up, not on the way down.....but Dean knows that.

I think those dark days are behind us of signing older players.

By the same taken, we can’t just have a team of kids, we paid the price for that in 15/16 when we got relegated 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

By the same taken, we can’t just have a team of kids, we paid the price for that in 15/16 when we got relegated 

like Deehan-Gray-Little......all around the 20 mark...There wasn't much experience in that front line, just sheer talent ,energy and fearless belief.

I get your point, But only the odd One or two Oldies.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The players we've signed so far are 24, 28, 23, 22 and 23. Their balls have dropped. 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yeah Lescott and Richardson really helped us

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Looking at that the Belgian league appears to have the best value for the money at the minute Djenepo, Trossard and Dendoncker all look like they could be bargains for their quality and the price when stacked up against quality of the other deals.

Hopefully Wesley too. 

Next year Trossard will be a good buy of Brighton go down (if we stay up) as he'll end up being available for £12m

Belgian league is a pretty poor standard, though, so it's harder to tell if a player will repeat their success - hence the lower fees.

Dendoncker was loaned last season, so that fee may have already been agreed as part of the loan.

Interesting fact - there were zero transfers from Belgian league to Premier League in summer 2018.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It won't be a team of kids. We seem to be targeting that 22-24 age range (Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Wesley, Targett, Hause, Phillips, Webster all in that bracket). Young, yes, but all physically mature and with a few seasons under their belt.

And then you have Elmo, Taylor, Kodjia, Jota, Mings, Butland, Hourihane all in the 26-31 range where they can bring some maturity to the squad.

Looks like a perfect balance to me. A team that can grow over the next 3 years.

• Like 1