Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Does your itk think webster is coming here?

Hasn't said anything about who Webster's most likely to go to as far as I've seen.

He did say a couple of days ago 

£30m is a bargaining position imo. We'll settle for less but obviously a fair bit more than the £20m package currently on offer.

£30m being a bargaining position not surprising, he also previously said Villa kept coming back in with more offers after £12m and £16m were rejected.

Edit- the £20m offer is from Villa.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

as above though, he was at Bristol all last season, they are just making it permanent, but for 9m, that might mean they are spending any future Webster income?

maybe not tho, as they sold Kelly for 15m, so still got a few mil in the bank just from that sale even after the Kalas purchase.

I didn't know Kalas was at Bristol last season. I played almost no attention to them, clearly!

Just now, guyavfc said:

Been told that we’ve agreed a fee for Webster by someone who gets snippets. Don’t shoot the messenger.

My message above, he's the guy to shoot. A tory fan as well. Ergh.

On another note, hope we get Webster, sounds like the sort of ball playing CB we need.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Man Down The Pub News has been dormant for a while. 

The phrase is fat bloke down the pub. I have exclusive access to him. Anyway he is in Aberystwyth until thursday - so anyone claiming "fat bloke down the pub" is pulling your plonker.

More worryingly wots this villa investigation ? 

I really like the idea of Mings and Webster partnership. Both can play out of the back. Shame we can't get Tuanzebe but Webster looks like he would be better in the air.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Just now, PieFacE said:

I really like the idea of Ming's and Webster. Both can play out of the back. Shame we can't get Tuanzebe but Webster looks like he would be better in the air.

Actually feels like we have a plan!

19 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Twitter user @Hot_diggity_D seems to have some info, he's telling people Smith has resigned. I've sent him abuse, suggest others do the same.

Really? Oh fudge. That guy rivals StevoITK for solid info. 

Wonder what he has resigned over? Maybe they took him off cone duty and relegated him to handing out bibs only. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Twitter user @Hot_diggity_D seems to have some info, he's telling people Smith has resigned. I've sent him abuse, suggest others do the same.

Has this guy even said that or do you just want people to give him abuse because he’s a liberal? 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Palace want about 80m for him....

Yeah 40 million is ridiculously low considering AWB went for 50 million, Spurs were going to try and sign him last season for 45m from memory and he's crucial to their survival so should be holding buying club to ransom

I check in here in the morning NZT to see if we've made another signing or close and instead we're under investigation and Smith has resigned yet I can find zero mention of it anywhere on Google or so called itk. What gives?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has this guy even said that or do you just want people to give him abuse because he’s a liberal? 

Oi, I'm an anarcho-communist thank you very much. 

(Of which part of that means I'm extremely liberal, yes!)

2 hours ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

Some good free agents been released, Danny welbeck could be worth look, still only 28, he has had injuries I know but I think it was a broken ankle last season, has done it in the league before, back up for wes, 

I said that a few weeks ago and was about as popular as a remain candidate for the conservative leadership. In theory I would think he would be a good signing but it is clear that we are looking at early to mid 20 players only this window.