Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Isn't that what some untrustworthy itk on twitter said?

Not having a dig at you. I saw something earlier and have little faith in the sauce. 

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me. We need players and they will start coming in soon

Yes. That's why I said don't shoot the messenger. 😉

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, if you know they're good players and you have the money...who really cares? We tried the cheaper foreign gems the last time we were in the PL, it doesn't always work. Benrahma in particular is an exceptional talent. I think it's worth the extra 5-7 million having him already acclimatized to English football as opposed to picking him up directly from France when he was still raw. We know he can cut it. Ditto for Phillips and Webster. The step up to the PL is one our whole squad will be taking so they're not in it alone.

Yeah I know, like I said I'd be happy with the team and optimistic of the prospects.

I suppose if you were building a squad on a blank sheet of paper - like we essentially are - you'd want a strong, reliable British spine in defence so they can gel quickly and All suit the style you want to play. In attack you want some exciting, creative players with a bit of flair. And an energetic midfield that can link between the two effectively. Ideally you'd have a local-Boyhood fan as Captain and as many of those players as possible would be young enough to a) be worth more when you end up selling them and b) hopefully hit their prime at the club.

So in that respect it would be a great summer for us and would be sensible. I just quite like the unknown of the young player plucked from nowhere for entertainment value. But from a sensible point of view, I get that it would be an unbelievable summer for us to end with that starting 11.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I hear we are looking to make 5 signings this week. Targett, Wesley, Mings, Webster and Butland. Don't shoot the messenger! 

Is it Wednesday already????

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

A classic, but exactly how I would be if we signed Butland, Mings, Webster, Phillips, Benrahma, Wesley and Leao.

Image result for stan marsh ghost

Is that a high end Yogurt like Yeo?, or the lower end/mainstream Yogurt such as Petits Filous or Danone, for example?

Looks quite tasty......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fancy yourself as a bit of a Delphinho do you. Interesting. 

Mate don't worry, I'm seriously hoping a plethora of signings still happen on a Wednesday so I can make you a victory meme! (Everything crossed)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fancy yourself as a bit of a Delphinho do you. Interesting. 

Delphino should now be called Failinho, he could be the new Delphino if he succeeds in the challenge?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ll be honest, I never saw Ethan Moore, I think it was AndyClarke that told me about him. Delfouneso never really fulfilled his potential, I still don’t think he has, in terms of natural ability, Delfouneso was brilliant, did you see either of them?

I saw Delfouneso lots. Probably all of his home games, a couple of his away games and a handful of U21 games when I used to occasionally pop along when they were playing at a near-empty Villa Park.

I always thought the Fonz had potential, but then he kind of fizzled out, and others around him were looking more competent in the Prem while he still looked a bit shell-shocked. I thought he had a good burst of pace over his first 10-15 yards, then after that he’d hit a fairly average speed. I thought his goals in the U21s would soon come in the Prem, but it just never happened for him. Partly down to an apparent ‘billy big bollocks’ attitude, but moreso that he just couldn’t make the step up.

I never saw Ethan Moore. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about him though.

Edited by Rob182

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I have no reason to be - and my biggest concerns in that team are Wesley and Guilbert which undoes my entire next point - but I'd be a tad disappointed if bringing in Dean from Brentford (and the wonders they are known for in the market) and Suso as SD resulted into spending £130m this window on players from the Championship rather than finding some Gems for 5-12m abroad.

Dont get me wrong. I'd be happy with the team itself. It'd be a big step up on what we had last time we were in this league. Id be optimistic about our chances for the season - which is the important part I suppose!

Until we've seen the whole transfer window, it's hard to know how much the market has inflated, so we have no idea what a par fee is.

Ignoring free transfers, under-21s and lower league players, here's what's happened so far (some of these fees might be wrong, just based on what I could Google):

• Bournemouth:
    • Kelly (Bristol City) £13m
  • Brighton:
    • Trossard (Genk) £15m
  • Chelsea:
    • Kovacic (Madrid) £40m
  • Everton:
    • Andre Gomes (Barcelona) £22m
  • Man Utd:
    • Daniel James (Swansea) £18m
    • Wan-Bissaka (Palace) £50m
  • Southampton:
    • Che Adams (Scum) £15m
    • Djenepo (Standard Liege) £14m
    • Danny Ings (Liverpool) £18m
  • Watford:
    • Craig Dawson (West Brom) £5.5m
  • West Ham:
    • Fornals (Villareal) £25m
  • Wolves:
    • Jimenez (Benfica) £30m
    • Dendoncker (Anderlecht) £11m

The lowest fee is £5.5m for Dawson, who is 29 and is never going to be anything special. Then it's Dendoncker, which does look like a good piece of business on Wolves part.

But you can see that the fees we're paying are mostly at the lower end of the scale. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate don't worry, I'm seriously hoping a plethora of signings still happen on a Wednesday so I can make you a victory meme! (Everything crossed)

Thanks mate. I think everybody’s rooting for me in truth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Cattermole has been released by Sunderland, if Bruce was still here we'd be signing him as a replacement for Whelan.

Worth a punt?, him and Austin would give us some real premiership experience and know how?

:trollface:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Cattermole has been released by Sunderland, if Bruce was still here we'd be signing him as a replacement for Whelan.

If Bruce was still here we’d be signing him to play alongside Whelan!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

He’s actually in for him. One of the worst players I’ve ever seen in the top flight. 

Probably true, as it happens the sun are already reporting that he's going to Sheffield Wednesday, but that has come from Alan Nixon, so could well just be complete guess work.