Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, sne said:

There's Andreas Christensen at Chelsea as well, hardly featured in the league under Sarri but played a lot in Europe this season.

Seen to have fallen down the rankings there as he was a regular the season before.

Still only 23

What wages is he on? We're not going to match massive wages first year back. 

30 million euro market value according to transfermarkt and don't think he's for sale

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think signings have basically  trebled in value since the last time we were in the prem. If only my salary had done the same I would be living in a  gold house sipping champagne from a diamond shoe.

Thing is, everyone else's wages would have increased as well, so there's a chance you'd be in a leaky caravan sipping warm "value" prosecco from your missus' old slippers.

I think Birmingham may be in this situation.

In our case, the available money has increased faster than transfer fees, fortunately.

Let's hope we spend it wisely.  Looking good so far.

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What wages is he on? We're not going to match massive wages first year back. 

30 million euro market value according to transfermarkt and don't think he's for sale

Seem to be £80k/w according to a few sites.

Might be something like that?

Doubt they are looking to sell now with Sarri gone and the transfer ban. 

oh my, just seen a new low for a click bait headline.

"Smith is aching for him" - Whelan names "stunning" player Aston Villa trying to sign.

I havent clicked on that link cus......STFU stupid click bait :), but oh my......."aching for him".......wtf how nauseatingly bleh.

Modern "journalists" - named loosely, need to be rounded up and.......have a stern talking to.....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I see Brizzle have signed Tomas Kalas, which could mean they’re ready to accept a bid for Webster? 

interesting, a record fee also (but weirdly it says "record fee" but also "fee undisclosed"), rumour says 9m maybe.

seems they may be spending the Webster money already maybe?!?!

edit - Kalas played at Bristol last season as a regular, they are just making the loan permanent.

edit edit - they have signed Robby Cundy from Bath, he's a CD - not sure if first team material tho?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I see Brizzle have signed Tomas Kalas, which could mean they’re ready to accept a bid for Webster? 

They've signed him for a club record fee. I imagine that means webster is on his way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Came here to post specifically this. Club record fee. 

as above though, he was at Bristol all last season, they are just making it permanent, but for 9m, that might mean they are spending any future Webster income?

maybe not tho, as they sold Kelly for 15m, so still got a few mil in the bank just from that sale even after the Kalas purchase.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Cattermole has been released by Sunderland, if Bruce was still here we'd be signing him as a replacement for Whelan.

Oh, give it a rest....

Would be a replacement for Tammy ;)

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Arsenal have bid £40m for Zaha from C Palace... I mean, he’s pretty good, but £40m? it shows how crazy the money has gone now. 

No more crazy than Richarlison for 50 million previous season. People really seem to have not got their head around the massive TV money influencing transfer fees

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Arsenal have bid £40m for Zaha from C Palace... I mean, he’s pretty good, but £40m? it shows how crazy the money has gone now. 

I haven’t been keeping a close eye on this, but I kinda had the impression Palace were looking for around double that? Isn’t he their star player by quite some distance?

I think there’s a sell on clause that Man Utd benefit from, which I guess would influence the price.

• Like 1