Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

How many players are Brentford willing to sell before they decide they can't afford to deplete their squad anymore?🤔

ALL Brentford players are for sale, at a price, any player that goes there is promised a move should an interest be shown in them, that is the model they work on, buy cheap then develop them and sell for a large profit, I can see us losing Maupay, Benrahma and Konsa in this window, all purchased for approx £9 million, I would imagine they would look to make a profit of at least £30/£35 million or more, I have heard rumours that we already have suitable replacements from the continent lined up, and so the Brentford wheels keep on turning.

Hopefully one day this will stop and we will want to keep our best players and go for promotion, us supporters can only wish for that day to come

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jonjon said:

ALL Brentford players are for sale, at a price, any player that goes there is promised a move should an interest be shown in them, that is the model they work on, buy cheap then develop them and sell for a large profit, I can see us losing Maupay, Benrahma and Konsa in this window, all purchased for approx £9 million, I would imagine they would look to make a profit of at least £30/£35 million or more, I have heard rumours that we already have suitable replacements from the continent lined up, and so the Brentford wheels keep on turning.

Hopefully one day this will stop and we will want to keep our best players and go for promotion, us supporters can only wish for that day to come

Well run club Brentford. You lot play some fine football. Wouldnt surprise me to see you coming up next season tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

You simply can't keep doing it. If clubs sign your best with a week or 2 before the season then you could have missed out on your top choices to replace them. I don't for a single second think your 3rd/4th/5th choice signing can get you where you want. You can make some money off them but time and again, despite developing good talent, you don't end up in the play-offs or promotion spots. 

You lose Benrahma a few days before the season starts, I just can't see you signing someone who can replicate or improve. There's obviously signing potential and coaching them to that standard but it'll take time. You'll make some cash but ultimately fall short as it's a constant change and re-hash. 

If Brentford do aspire to get in the Prem then, as you say, they'll have to stop selling and build on what they already have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

You simply can't keep doing it. If clubs sign your best with a week or 2 before the season then you could have missed out on your top choices to replace them. I don't for a single second think your 3rd/4th/5th choice signing can get you where you want. You can make some money off them but time and again, despite developing good talent, you don't end up in the play-offs or promotion spots. 

You lose Benrahma a few days before the season starts, I just can't see you signing someone who can replicate or improve. There's obviously signing potential and coaching them to that standard but it'll take time. You'll make some cash but ultimately fall short as it's a constant change and re-hash. 

If Brentford do aspire to get in the Prem then, as you say, they'll have to stop selling and build on what they already have. 

As supporters we can only dream of this happening, but who knows, anyway good luck to Villa this season, you have a good man at the helm now, he was well liked at Brentford and we were sorry to see him go, at least he's at the right club for him, he will get you playing well, sometimes goes on a bit of a bad run, but always seems to recover well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I have no idea. But i feel we need someone who can play behind a striker and create / score goals. Easier said than done. I don't think we need another striker like Wesley.

Obviously I don't mean him exactly, but someone like Son at Spurs would give us something we don't have in the squad.

I would say that that position you are describing is exactly Jack's best position.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Linked with Cahill today along with Arsenal and Palace. Apparently prefers to stay in London 

We could repeat the same cushy number we gave Robert Pires, a free driver to chauffeur him up and down every day.

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Linked with Cahill today along with Arsenal and Palace. Apparently prefers to stay in London 

I hope someone doesn't get paid money for this garbage 

I don't mind us paying the going rate for any player, providing Suso, Smith and the scouts fully believe that they're worth it. If we end up falling back on one of these players as our second or third choice, and perhaps overpay because time is running out, then we could be in trouble.

We often talk about these expensive players by referring to examples of other young players that have gone on to do well. But this, of course, is us assuming that they will fulfill their potential.

I remember seeing an article yeeaaarrs ago, which said something like "The future England midfield - the best English prospects", and it gave an in-depth review of 18/19-year-olds Gary Gardner, John Bostock, Jonjo Shelvey and Jordan Henderson.

Now, obviously Henderson has gone on to do well, but can you imagine paying today's fees for a 19-year-old Gardner, Bostock or Shelvey.

• Like 2