Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he might surprise a few this season, he’s been around the first team for a long time now and he still hasn’t started a league game for us, don’t write him off yet 

I think you may just have shot yourself in the foot there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not disputing whether they are good players or not.  But its proof that it can take young players from abroad time to settle so there is always a risk in signing this type of player too. 

Look im not saying we shouldn’t look for value abroad and I also agree that 20-30m million is a ridiculous sum for a Championship player with 2 good seasons.

I just think we finally have the right owners and setup at the club for the first time in years so I’d like to believe we can trust them.  

If they think Webster is worth paying over the odds for them then I’m happy with it.

Or proof that they need a decent manager. Not Sherwood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t forget about Rushian Hepburn-Murphy too, he could have an impact this season but yes, I think we need another striker too, let’s think how about Callum Wilson from Bournemouth?

He may have an impact this season but it won’t be for Villa. 

We were (apparently) in for Eder Balanta previously last January ... I wonder if we will go back in for him as a alternative  to Mings?

Breel Embolo has just gone for £9million . £1 million more than the reported price of Charlie Austin . 

Edited by thabucks

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We were (apparently) in for Eder Balanta previously last January ... I wonder if we will go back in for him as a alternative  to Mings?

Breel Embolo has just gone for £9million . £1 million more than the reported price of Charlie Austin . 

Went to Schalke when he was still promising (remember the fuss over him and a guy who went to Watford in 2015) but got a very bad injury and not been the same since.

Balanta I belive is popular on the FM game...was linked to big moves but went to Basle where I assume he still is. Has a few Colombia caps but not called up in a while.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

That looks to me like a Championship team.

Looks okay to me but the issue would be the subs bench. We need a full squad to stay up and as it stands we don't even have a first eleven.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Although we've spent a lot of money on Wesley I still feel like we need, and hopefully want, another high quality striker. Butland would be great at one end but it's goals that really matter in the PL.

I agree but we're not switching to 2 up front so were does this person play?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I agree but we're not switching to 2 up front so were does this person play?

I have no idea. But i feel we need someone who can play behind a striker and create / score goals. Easier said than done. I don't think we need another striker like Wesley.

Obviously I don't mean him exactly, but someone like Son at Spurs would give us something we don't have in the squad.

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why has he played for England all of the way up from u16s when I first saw him to the full side then? The coaches obviously saw something in him. As for the zulu sign, he’s obviously trying to wind the crowd up, you don’t see that much these days, I think it’s good

Carlton Palmer played loads for England, i suppose you rated him too?

Spawned the chant "if Carlton Palmer can play for England so can i"

Just because someone wins an England cap, by no means makes them a decent player.