Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

22 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Slowly coming around to the idea of Cahill as a one season stop gap .... we obviously really want Axel and Cahill for a year to wait and see how Axel does at Man Utd and how much he plays sort of makes sense - depending on his wages that is. 

Cahill has a number of interested clubs. He won’t sign to one that is only offering a one year deal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Harry Kane had a similar goal return during loan spells, went back to Spurs, look at him now, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability. In my opinion, RHM can do something similar to what Kane did

I’m worried Spurs are gonna make a move for RHM to pair off with Harry Kane. Come tothink of it, they’d be amazing for club and country together. Deadly duo!

• Haha 2

I think the best scenario for Hepburn-Murphy is a loan to a league one side, with the hope that he can impressive enough to be recalled in January and then loaned to a Championship side. Then again if he impresses in pre-season for us then Smith might keep him around, as he offers something that none of other strikers can offer in terms of his pace and ability to run with the ball, and we've also got the EFL Trophy in which he can play competitive matches. More than likely he'll go on loan though.

I generally don’t post on VT until the season starts, because it’s generally just people arguing over players that we were never interested in anyway. But looking on this thread today I thought I’d stepped into an episode of the f***** twilight zone.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, useless said:

None of our strikers have done much in their careers, Davis is still young himself, Kodjia and Hogan are both in their late twenties and haven't even played top flight football, and O'Hare isn't even a striker. It's not actually beyond the realms of possibility that Hepburn-Murphy could go on to achieve more in the game than any of them, ridiculous how people are writing him off just based on a loan spell at Cambridge, where he was managed by Calderwood, who probably probably completely misused him.

I don't think RHM has been written off yet, as he does still have age on his side, but people are just countering the opinions that he's better than Kodjia, he's good enough to be a Premier League back-up and he's likely to have a better career than our other strikers (I included O'Hare because he plays just behind the striker and is young, so the comparison is fair).

Also, no-one is basing their opinion on RHM just on his loan spell at Cambridge. It's more to do with the fact that he'll be 21 in a few weeks, and he has managed a total of 24 club appearances outside of the Reserve/U21 leagues. He's had injury after injury over the years, and besides that, he's only ever really scored goals in the Reserves. If he is to fulfill his potential, he now needs a League 1 or Championship loan, getting at least 30 games under his belt, and scoring a good handful of goals.

RHM has a lot of potential but thats all it is. He's also got a shocking injury record that has blighted him and may continue to. I'd love to see him stake a claim for a squad place but its very unlikely any time soon.

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s younger and hungrier, RHM can be a great player for us I think, I think the club do too

Surely young and hungry isn’t everything he needs. Doesn’t ability come into it? I admit I’ve not seen much of RHM, but from what I have seen he’s lightyears behind Kodjia in terms of ability.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Linked with Cahill today along with Arsenal and Palace. Apparently prefers to stay in London 

If so, let him have his wish then. I would hate to drag him back up here against his wishes. We want players here that want to play for us. 

• Like 1

In terms of u23 football he's been our best and most exciting player since Grealish, better than Green,  O'Hare, and Davis. He's had injuries and he's running out of time, but would be a shame to write him off now. Needs a good loan and to stay fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

In terms of u23 football he's been our best and most exciting player since Grealish, better than Green,  O'Hare, and Davis. He's had injuries and he's running out of time, but would be a shame to write him off now. Needs a good loan and to stay fit.

I'd say that's subjective. There was a lot of buzz when Green was playing regularly for the U23s, and O'Hare seemed to be the last one to get the rave reviews. RHM was talked up a lot in the 23s, but that seemed to be 2-3 years ago. Since then, I get the impression that he's been trying to get out on loan for big boy football, but has basically been in and out of the treatment room since he was 18.

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Jojo Shelvey is most underrated player in Premier League. When he is playing hes best there are not many better in his position. Best long pass player in this league. But he has problem with hes attitude.

• Like 1

So, just to recap:

- Rushian Hepburn Murphy is better than Kodjia, should be our back-up striker in the Prem and is likely to have a better career than any of our other strikers

- Jonvo Shelvey is one of the best players (in the world?) in his position

Mondays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

So, just to recap:

- Rushian Hepburn Murphy is better than Kodjia, should be our back-up striker in the Prem and is likely to have a better career than any of our other strikers

Mondays.

VT Logic!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So, just to recap:

Mondays.

I don't like them.

• Like 1