Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

38 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It was his first experience of starting matches in men’s football, Harry Kane had a similar goal return during loans, went back to Spurs and look at him now. I think RHM can do the same

I'd be amazed if RHM is still here at the end of the transfer window. Can certainly see him being loaned out. But also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was sold. I can't see him ever being more than a mid-table Championship player at very best. We need to be looking much higher than this now.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently we’ve offered Cahill a deal. Would be a shrewd signing in my opinion. 

As long as we're still in for Mings and Webster this will be a good signing. Would also indicate that Chester's knees are totally gone.

Edited by jacketspuds

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently we’ve offered Cahill a deal. Would be a shrewd signing in my opinion. 

That would be fantastic. If anyone knows whether he’s up to it or not it’s JT, he was his apprentice for years so he’s knows his game inside out. 

Would love a one year contract for Cahill, would give me a lot of confidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I haven’t wanked over it yet but I might be forced to if these new laws come into place. 

Wait what wanking is foreign and will be banned after Brexit or something?

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That would be fantastic. If anyone knows whether he’s up to it or not it’s JT, he was his apprentice for years so he’s knows his game inside out. 

I've read he wants a two year deal and his preference is to stay in London. I don't think he fits the way we play and the wages would be astronomical. Not for me but I can see why some like him.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Agreed and could give us the option of three at the back for some games to utilise Targett’s crossing ability while remaining solid at the back

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Could be good for a couple more than one season too really. Cahill alongside 2 good young CBs like Mings and Axel or an Axel replacement woudl be very good business.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Cahill rumour has come from that 'Jimmy McCann' twitter account. I don't think its especially reliable.

I've been following him for about a week and first impressions are he might have some credibility. Seems to have got a few things right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I've read he wants a two year deal and his preference is to stay in London. I don't think he fits the way we play and the wages would be astronomical. Not for me but I can see why some like him.

I trust the management team and board to make the right financial decision, but purely in football terms he’s an excellent CB.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

Did Webster play when we hammered Ipswich 4-0 back in April 2018?  I don't recall any Ipswich defender impressing me during that game.  Or when we beat them 2-0 at Villa Park a few months prior to that. 

And aside from Max O'Leary and Jay DaSilva, none of the Bristol lot looked much cop when we played them either. But maybe Webster has looked like a cross between Martin Laursen and Paul McGrath in the 44 other games last season. 

Bristol City have signed Daniel Bentley for around £2million from Brentford would like see us try for Max O'Leary as chances are he isn't going to get games due to Bentley and would be all about potential rather than starting keeper.

Edited by Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was totally against this before. But, what with Chester's knee issue, it might make sense to bring a quality, experienced player as cover in the short term.