Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

That’s a lot of money for a centre back that’s never played above Championship level. I don’t really know anything about him but I do trust Smith, he has a good eye for a player I think

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Please...  EVERYONE knows  that Bristol City is at least 1.5 times the size of Brentford.  It's going to take AT LEAST a bid of £30 million before they'll talk to us...  

Just our luck, we get kicked out of the Premier League when the TV money goes from £30m per season to £100m per season, then we get promoted having let all our players wind down their contracts and Championship players start at £30m....

Its like selling your house for £300K waiting three years to get back on the ladder and the same house now costs £1m and your equity won't buy sh*t. 

Or, Lerner arriving with £70m when the Saudis land a day later and pump £300m raising the bar and kicking you into touch.

Just our luck I guess

Edited by thunderball

It stands to reason that we are going to be held to ransom by these tinpot championship clubs

It will come to a head in the last few days of the window

30m for championship players is far and above daylight robbery whilst proven players can be gotten for half that on the continent

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Please...  EVERYONE knows  that Bristol City is at least 1.5 times the size of Brentford.  It's going to take AT LEAST a bid of £30 million before they'll talk to us...  

A 'Premier League team in waiting', according to the dwarf in the shorts

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder how much they would allow you to bet. Surely try and whack on a few hundred or more and they’ll close it straight away. 

I'm not willing to find out :lol:

I imagine it's taken multiple bets of multiple hundreds to get down to 1/8. Surely some people aren't betting £200+ on a hunch. They must know something.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Is 12m really that much for one of the best CBs in the Championship? We paid almost that much for Curtis Davies over a decade ago when the market wasn't as wild as it is now.

That says more about us than it does about current vs old market :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think it’s a ploy to get Mings, Bournemouth now scare themselves and think we are now looking elsewhere and accept our 12m offer. Easy. Well played Smith/Suso 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

That says more about us than it does about current vs old market :)

Of course there's always the MON factor to consider :lol: 

I'd say values have probably tripled since then, so even accounting for the MON factor...12m doesn't really seem all that much.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is 12m really that much for one of the best CBs in the Championship? We paid almost that much for Curtis Davies over a decade ago when the market wasn't as wild as it is now.

That was a terrible deal at the time

And Bristol said no to our £12m offer now and are asking £30m :crylaugh:

I just don't want us to be held hostage by a bunch of Championship clubs, it's just not value for money most times.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm not willing to find out :lol:

I imagine it's taken multiple bets of multiple hundreds to get down to 1/8. Surely some people aren't betting £200+ on a hunch. They must know something.

No idea how many bets have been placed, but on Oddschecker it states 83% of the popular bets on him are on him joining Villa, so it could easily be the quantity of people placing bets on him joining over the amount of money that's brought the odds down.