Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How can you say Guilbert is a better rb than Elmo?

That might not be the case at all, i will judge him after watching him some.

I obviously can't say for sure as I've only seen a few clips of the lad. He was very highly rated in France (think he was linked with Arsenal at one stage) and there was a lot of hype when he was signed. So I'd imagine Guilbert would be coming into the squad next season to be our starting RB. Fingers crossed he makes the step up seamlessly and does really well for us. Elmo, as much as he was great for us back end of last season, is getting on and would probably get roasted in the Prem against better wingers, so I'd be uneasy if he ended up being our first choice RB.

• Like 1

Elmohamady did brilliantly for us from an attacking point of view, I think only McGinn and Hourihane got more assists than him last season, it helped compensate for the fact they we were struggling on the right wing with Adomah being out of form, and it not really being Green's best position.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd split it and offer £17.5m each. That would be too good for any Championship club to turn down regardless. They could sign the next 10 future stars with that money.

Or build a lovely new car park and coffee shop, which their fans would love

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I too think Guilbert will surprise us. Hopefully in an Idrissa 'Oh god, this guy is great' Gueye way, and not a Nicholas 'Oh no, he's useless and now he's dropped his pants' Helenius way.

To this day it still baffles me how that wasnt a penalty.

There's got to be something in the rules about destroying a mans dignity.

helenius.jpg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Why? If it relates to us potentially looking at Benrahma, Maupay and Konsa as transfer targets I don't see why we would. I think it's quite refreshing to have fans of other clubs on here when the conversation is constructive and informative.

Granted if it was just about Brentford's financial situation, but we had no interest in any of their players, I agree that this subject should be in "Other Football". 

Cuz it gets  annoying when the resident Brentford spokesmen pipes up on all matters Brentford.

9 minutes ago, Gillz said:

helenius.jpg

I mean, it's clearly a handball.

Oh, and Helenius appears to also be handballing.

• Haha 1

Think we should offer Hogan first as part of a deal for Benrahma,  bout 16 mill and Hogan or kodjia and 14 million.

Can't see us using Hogan or kodjia in the Premier so let's get one of them off our books, I see no reason to keep either of them since we have Wesley and will no doubt be finding another one to two strikers.

If we could get rid of Hogan that way, we could always try a similar deal trading kodjia off and get lolley or maupay.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think we should offer Hogan first as part of a deal for Benrahma,  bout 16 mill and Hogan or kodjia and 14 million.

Can't see us using Hogan or kodjia in the Premier so let's get one of them off our books, I see no reason to keep either of them since we have Wesley and will no doubt be finding another one to two strikers.

If we could get rid of Hogan that way, we could always try a similar deal trading kodjia off and get lolley or maupay.

I'd keep Kodjia as backup for this season but Hogan can go if anyone wants him.  I suspect we will only be able to loan him out though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd keep Kodjia as backup for this season but Hogan can go if anyone wants him.  I suspect we will only be able to loan him out though.

If we can sign another one to two quality strikers, won't that make Kodjia surplus, we need that quality on the firing line no doubt and Kodjia I doubt can bring it against any of the teams in the Premier.

I do not want that lazy man in the squad any longer and if we can pick up better as a trade off then so be it.

Kodjia's could help bring in someone who would work for there goals.

If we have to rely on Kodjia as a no2 if wesley gets injured, we are in serious trouble before we've even started I think.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh on Kodjia, it's just I do not see him as a Premier player when he struggled last season in the championship, he's not himself anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Honestly 12 million + hogan would be a good bit of business for Benrahma, but they don't want Hogan. No point. Unless Maupay is sold, Hogan is not a starter. 

Even if we offered to pay his wages for a year that would be a great deal. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

57 minutes ago, Gillz said:

helenius.jpg

Probably the most clever defensive display i've ever seen.

17 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Either position and can play both?

1st pick:- Rubén Duarte age 23 of Deportivo Alavés can play either Left Back or Centre Back. Good player, good potential too 

2nd pick- Terence Kongolo who can play either position too age 24. Now Huddersfield have been relegated depending on the  price Rubén Duarte would be cheaper out the two of them though. Another good player with good potential.

UTV

Posted above  around 11pm last night in reply  to @VillaAlex!!!

Low & behold just seen this below we are now linked.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Honestly 12 million + hogan would be a good bit of business for Benrahma, but they don't want Hogan. No point. Unless Maupay is sold, Hogan is not a starter. 

Don't think we would get 8 mill off the asking price, would have to throw kodjia in as well if we wanted a 12 million deal I think.

Do you think Hogan and Kodjia would fetch 8 mill between them because we'd be lucky for 6 tops I think..