Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

22 minutes ago, Wes said:

Interesting if true. Wonder, if we did, who would intrigue them.

Maybe Bounou from Girona has a relegation release clause? Allain (Dijon) was reported to have interest from English clubs a few months ago...

heard he's mustard

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, AXD said:

I really hope our ambitions are higher than what the papers have us believe.

Same. Some of these championship players may press on and do well in the PL, but I'll be very nervous if all of our acquisitions are Championship players with a few PL backup players. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Same. Some of these championship players may press on and do well in the PL, but I'll be very nervous if all of our acquisitions are Championship players with a few PL backup players. 

We need to sign first team and squad players. the bigger signings if there are any will take time, we need to do a load of business and for the first time in forever I think our recruitment team is good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We need to sign first team and squad players. the bigger signings if there are any will take time, we need to do a load of business and for the first time in forever I think our recruitment team is good.

Absolutely Roma, it's a good job we have almost 2 months and I think we will be using the full length of the window to do our business looking at the number of personnel needed.

First team and squad players are needed but it won't all happen at once.

I said it a few weeks back that I think we will be looking at building our squad depth first before moving onto the big names.

Jota, Maupay, Berahema, Lolley would all be magnificent squad signings - only if they do not become the core of our window without any proven quality also being added.

So far we appear to be one for one in terms of signings.

Calm your jets and let the good times roll.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of talk Celtic getting on with the Turnbull deal to not let it drag on like they did with McGinn.

I'm not suprised. He will be another asset like McGinn is for us and yes they won't be letting lightening strike twice.

As @Villan4Life has mentioned many times, himself and his former team mate Jake Hastie would have been magnificent captures for us.

I am pleased Hastie went to Rangers in the end though so that eases the blow a little.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Who is Villarral’s Pablo Fornals? Apparently a strong link to this?

Will be a good marker of this guy's ITK (avfcagent) - first I've heard of this name. Quick Google later, he's a long running Arsenal target, buy out of £35 mill. He'll do!

Edited by Jareth