Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Well, only guessing, but the Agent part may have something to do with it, but as i said, only guessing!!

But this is flawed thinking, all of the players would need to have the same agent. I'm not sure we've signed many Spanish players recently? I certainly doubt he has the same agent as Glenn Whelan either.

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Cool - is it Dries Mertens?

No, its Faouzi Ghoulam. Good player who's struggled to hold down his place in the team ever since Ancelotti has come in, Smith has been watching him for a while. £12 big imminent. #ITK

1 minute ago, Larscapaldi said:

It was a genuine question. 😄 I would think he had one when he came in on loan and Villa would know by now what state he's in.

There's always a medical for any transfer where money is trading hands, the buying club needs to know there aren't any underlying injuries that may resurface as this could change the price or stop the transfer altogether, and then they can take out insurance on that player against various things which can't happen without a medical being completed, it's standard even if a loan is made permanent.

2 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

But this is flawed thinking, all of the players would need to have the same agent. I'm not sure we've signed many Spanish players recently? I certainly doubt he has the same agent as Glenn Whelan either.

I wasn't saying that he's anybody inparticular's agent, just that agents per se have ITK information

9 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

No, its Faouzi Ghoulam. Good player who's struggled to hold down his place in the team ever since Ancelotti has come in, Smith has been watching him for a while. £12 big imminent. #ITK

I know you're joking, but this would be a decent move. Like you said, he's lost his regular role, but he's a good player. Even if he doesn't fit the mold of young with resale value, I think he would be a smart move for us if the price were right.

• Like 1

https://www.foxsports.it/2019/06/10/calciomercato-europei-under-21-10-talenti-da-seguire/

'Europei under 21 al via: 10 talenti da seguire in chiave mercato'

In this article Aston Villa and Fornals are both mentioned (In completely different context). 

Its the only article mentioning both in the past year, and was posted about an hour and a half ago. Coincidence?

4 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

https://www.foxsports.it/2019/06/10/calciomercato-europei-under-21-10-talenti-da-seguire/

'Europei under 21 al via: 10 talenti da seguire in chiave mercato'

In this article Aston Villa and Fornals are both mentioned (In completely different context). 

Its the only article mentioning both in the past year, and was posted about an hour and a half ago. Coincidence?

I actually think that is coincidence - they mention Villa when talking about Tomori and the play-off final. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I like all the ITK speculation. Something to keep me relatively entertained. Get to learn about new players too. People complaining about it is far more annoying than people posting stuff. It is a speculation thread afterall. 

I love it, gives me an excuse to go and research some players I've never heard of, and end up finding out random stuff, like I had no idea Daniele Bonera was at Villarreal and still going at 38, and wouldn't of done had I not looked up Pablo Fornals.

Plus, I like to work out how these players might fit in to our squad/system.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looking at his description he's an attacking midfielder but according to his stats he neither scores nor assists so I am not sure what kind of attacking midfielder that is?

Could say the same about Grealish prior to the 10 game winning run. The stat's don't show exactly what he does on the pitch which is create chances whilst taking players out of the game.

However I know very little about Fornals to say if he is a player in a similar mould.

40 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

After a bit of research on Pablo Fornals, he seems to be mainly an attacking central midfielder... we are pretty stocked in that area already, so I'd be surprised if we are throwing big money at this.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/297203/Show/Pablo-Fornals

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pablo-fornals/profil/spieler/357885

He'd be a very expensive back up for Grealish...

Id be very surprised if this happens, but I do think that a lot of people are assuming we will set up with exactly the same system next season as this season. It is easy to forget this is largely not Dean Smith's team yet. Imagine Grealish, Fornals and AEG all interchanging...

12 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Id be very surprised if this happens, but I do think that a lot of people are assuming we will set up with exactly the same system next season as this season. It is easy to forget this is largely not Dean Smith's team yet. Imagine Grealish, Fornals and AEG all interchanging...

Smith has primarily stuck to the same kind of system for a few years now, although it is a flexible system with interchangeable parts. He moulded the players to his system rather than the other way around last year. So I'd say he's looking for players for that system or similar with an eye on a plan B if required.

My research on Fornals led me to believe he mainly sticks to the center and that's where most of his best ratings are, also his attributes are all similar to Jacks. I've not seen enough of him to really say much more than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we spent big money on one player but I'd think it wouldn't be in an area where we already have plenty of quality. I'm thinking most likely a striker or defensive midfielder would be the areas we really need to fill with quality, and a new left back wouldn't hurt either...

Edited by Teale's 'tache
  • Like 2