Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Danger, click bait site, silly season time at the moment, no official offer has been made as yet for any of our players, but no doubt they will start coming in very soon, starting price will be £20 million each for Benrahma, Maupay & Konsa, because they are still on long contracts, we have a cheaper one for you in Ollie Watkins at £6 - £8 million if you want, our recruitment team are out and about buying our next batch of gems,  BFC sell at their prices and no longer get turned over, we have to, its our way of surviving, get your cheque book out Villa, and no, We don't want Hogan back in PX !!!!

Alright, I'll leave it at £20m then.

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Danger, click bait site, silly season time at the moment, no official offer has been made as yet for any of our players, but no doubt they will start coming in very soon, starting price will be £20 million each for Benrahma, Maupay & Konsa, because they are still on long contracts, we have a cheaper one for you in Ollie Watkins at £6 - £8 million if you want, our recruitment team are out and about buying our next batch of gems,  BFC sell at their prices and no longer get turned over, we have to, its our way of surviving, get your cheque book out Villa, and no, We don't want Hogan back in PX !!!!

Are you sure you don't want Hogan back?, I will pay for his train fare if that helps?

33 minutes ago, John said:

We need our signings to hit the ground running. Would "better value" signings from the continent be as likely to do so, as the likes of Maupay, Bowen and Reach?

I guess we will need to rely on the checks we do on any potential signings, maximising the chances of them settling in quickly.

Well u never know. Be easy to find tons of examples from abroad and domestic who have either failed or succeeded.

Guess that's where our scouting and recruitment guys earn their money. easy for anyone to look at stats and find impressive figures.

Job is to find those who can do a job and help them slot into the squad.

We've been terrible at the last part for a very long while.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Hogan was clearly broke when we bought him. It's been too long to get  our money back but a gift voucher seems fair!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll play either side, he's best on the left and can probably do a decent job moving infield behind the striker to cover Jack (particularly as Jack likes drifting wide anyway). 

Benrahma, El Ghazi, Jota and Green would have us pretty set out wide I feel. Would like one more (Bowen although probably greedy and unlikely to spend £30-40m on wingers) but with the lack of depth in the rest of the squad you would feel we would be set for wingers until January if we get those in.

I’d go a step further and say Benrahma, El Ghazi, Jota, Green, Grealish is good options across the three behind the striker (I know that’s not exactly how we play but you know what I mean - a couple of those wingers can play in the Grealish role).

(Kind of the point you’re making in your first paragraph actually).

Edited by Adam2003
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Are you sure you don't want Hogan back?, I will pay for his train fare if that helps?

lol, I think we will that one a miss, thank you 🤣

I am not that keen on Brentford players for the simple reason they are Brentford level players and we need better.

But I wonder what would happen if we came in with a respectable offer which probably would be half of what their fans would expect. These footballers can easily throw a fit if they are denied a move they want. Especially foreign ones. 

Anyway, show me links to higher quality players please 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Question that’s been bugging me for a while and it relates to this thread. If brentford are full of £20m players how come they are so average in terms of what they actually achieve. 

Watkins, Maupay, Benrahma, Swayers, Konsa all seem to get talked about as PL players. The remaining 6 players in the team must be really bad to pull them down to half way in Champo. 

I think Benrahma and Maupay are real qualities. Konsa have a great potential. The others are ok. Its just the fact that they are Dean’s players, and could fit his style.

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Question that’s been bugging me for a while and it relates to this thread. If brentford are full of £20m players how come they are so average in terms of what they actually achieve. 

Watkins, Maupay, Benrahma, Swayers, Konsa all seem to get talked about as PL players. The remaining 6 players in the team must be really bad to pull them down to half way in Champo. 

Poor defence and goalkeeping was our downfall this season, far to many errors made

Talk, that's all it is, lazy journalism, copying and pasting, no real substance or investigation made, it's all down to click bait to give them revenue. 

• Like 1

You don't really know if a bid has been made or not unless you're part of the Brentford backroom. And if it was click bait, why not use higher profile players? It might be. Silly season as you say. But nothing sillier than claiming those 3 are 60m worth.

Also, Brentford players in the team of the season: 0

Some good players, sure. But nowhere near as good as you claim.

• Like 1

"Purslow and Smith are adamant about our new model, gone are the days where we play silly amounts for the best players off Championship teams."

*wants to sign Maupay, Bowen, Benrahma, Lolley...*

Just now, Indigo said:

"Purslow and Smith are adamant about our new model, gone are the days where we play silly amounts for the best players off Championship teams."

*wants to sign Maupay, Bowen, Benrahma, Lolley...*

I don't think they actually said those words tbh.

21 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I think they flatter to deceive and perhaps are not that effective.

To add to your point the couple of “quality” players that leave for reasonably high fees fail to cut it away from Brentford. See Hogan, Woods and even Jota. Although Egan had a successful season. 

20 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think Benrahma and Maupay are real qualities. Konsa have a great potential. The others are ok. Its just the fact that they are Dean’s players, and could fit his style.

I hope we don’t get too fixated on this idea of “Dean’s players”. Successful managers look forwards, not backwards. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benraham would be a fantastic signing. He’s a little special. The next Mahrez.

Benraham might be, but Benrahma is not the next Mahrez 

24 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I would welcome Daniel Sturbridge back to VP if the wage demands are not ridiculously high.

He is last chance saloon now with everything to play for.

On his A game - which are currently few and far between, he is probably the most gifted of all English strikers imo.

If we signed Sturridge it would be clear that we learned nothing from the Richards signing. 

• Like 3