The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Pun intended but I think this is a massive own goal. The negative reactions are already all over twitter. The BBC look like the Tory fools and puppets that they are. I hope this has longer lasting damage to their reputation and credibility. This has not been a good week for them and they've finished it off *chef's kiss* badly.

i'm not sure about the other pundits' political leanings, but it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of shearer, wright, richards etc tell the BBC to do one in protest

already the highlights for the games are available for free on the skysports app within like 30 mins of final whistle so there's little reason to continue watching MOTD anyway aside from those presenting it and giving largely better analysis than most others. of they all leave, this could be a sad end to a great program

Them Tories must be killing themselves laughing. I bet they couldn't have imagined such a confected storm could have been so effective in deflecting attention away from their nastiness. I support Lineker in his tweet but it's really taken away the attention from what should be being scrutinised this week. 

Complete back down from the BBC. They probably are looking to get rid of him to cut costs given his massive salary, and this was the excuse to do so.

And until an agreement has been reached? He has clearly said he won't apologise over it. I am not a lawyer but this could be a very costly exercise in sacking him.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I still watch and enjoy match of the day, despite the fact I could watch the goals and highlights much sooner, I enjoy Lineker as the front man but I actually hope he stands his ground and tells them to shove it.

It’s the right thing to do from a moral perspective.

However in reality, it probably means we end up with Micah Richards as the new lead so……..

• Shocked 1

In typical style - as happens whenever something happens they don't like - the BBC have removed all of the "Have your say" comments sections from everything except the Ireland vs Scotland rugby game (which is full of people calling the BBC names).

• Like 2

The outcome long term is predictable. I don’t think he’ll be back. He’s gonna look weak if he climbs down. He’s freelance there, not contracted to the BBC so they won’t be getting into murky employment  laws if they let him go. I don’t think it hurts the match of the day branding necessarily if they didn’t use him again. Brand was built in the Lynam days. Great presenter and it’s all a joke really. BBC are the broadcasting wing of the tories. 

• Like 1

Â