The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:
13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Going after Gary Linekar and Attenborough in one day. 

It's a bold election strategy Cotton. Lets see if it pays off for em. 

The Attenborough story is fake news.

Not on the BBC website yet ... therefore not true yet.

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Is it? Several major newspapers running it. 

Yeah, see the page before the Linekar news broke.

They've not pulled an episode, it's a completely separate peice of work, produced and funded by someone else that they've just bought the right to play on IPlayer

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Alan Sugar has been having running arguments with the train strikers, he appears to be totally safe in his job.

Punitive action against opponents of the government is maintaining political impartiality. Attacking those against the government is wokeist cancel culture.

You'll receive papers for your invitation to a ministry of truth education camp.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Braverman is gleefully claiming he compared her policies with the Holocaust (which started in 1941) when he of course compared the language with 1930s Germany.

Exactly, this also ocurred to me earlier today... 1930s, not 1940s, she's twisted his words.

And if the tories allowed refugees to enter the UK by safe, legal means more then there would be less trying to enter via unsafe, illegal means. I think that is the main way, the best way, to tackle the problem, alongside increasing efforts to catch and prosecute the owners, organisers and pilots of these small boat crossings.

As Lineker rightly pointed out, we take less refugees than other countries in Western Europe, it's true... if it was just a little less I could understand (as we're not as wealthy as Germany and France for example) but it's actually a lot less.

The BBC are running one of their "lives" on this - a string of text pieces on the story with different perspectives and statements.

They've removed the thumbs up or thumbs down voting icons that traditionally accompany all of their "lives".

Public opinion cannot be allowed to be heard over the noise of people excusing the excesses of the party.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Shearer has now said he won't be on MOTD tomorrow night. Fair play.

Fair play! Surely nobody would be up for taking the seat tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The beeb will have nobody left for tomorrow night. MOTD will be presented by Sandy Toksvig with studio analysts Stormzy and Sam Smith. 

"Many a true word is spoken in jest"

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I can see MotD being cancelled altogether tomorrow night, or maybe even just show the highlights without presenters whilst they use next week to 'sort' all this out and back down. 

Not sure they can pull a show just like that. They would of bought a rights package from the premier league. Now, i don’t know if it’s at their own discretion when they put on a show or not once money is paid to the PL. Don’t know - not showing match of the day is a big thing. They’ve never not shown it ( excluding when they lost rights for a few years ) 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Not sure they can pull a show just like that. They would of bought a rights package from the premier league. Now, i don’t know if it’s at their own discretion when they put on a show or not once money is paid to the PL. Don’t know - not showing match of the day is a big thing. They’ve never not shown it ( excluding when they lost rights for a few years ) 

Maybe a pundit-less show will be the outcome then. 

• Like 2

Â