The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Gary Linekers tweet, giving his opinion on the illegal immigration bill, was the number one story on the 10 o'clock news tonight. I mean really. It saddens me what the BBC has become. Another to add to the long list of things that have been broken under the Tories.

The BBC spending hours broadcasting about themselves in a collective navel-gazing exercise has been an increasing habit over the last 20 years.

The less relevant they become, the more they talk about themselves.

I have also read that the BBC is not even going to cover highlights of the Masters next month, ending a 56-year association with the competition as they don't think the audience meets their demographics.  They also turned down to show the PGA Championship highlights even though it was offered for free to them. Read into that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/impartiality/guidelines/#personalviewcontent

4.3.30 BBC staff and regular BBC presenters or reporters associated with news or public policy-related output may offer professional judgements rooted in evidence. However, it is not normally appropriate for them to present or write personal view content on public policy, matters of political or industrial controversy, or ‘controversial subjects’ in any area.

impartiality rules don't apply to sports presenters...a key fact that the daily heil keep forgetting

i also find it thoroughly amusing that the right wing media who claim to despise cancel culture are trying so hard to get linekar cancelled. i thought they liked free speech...

also, no doubt they would've reacted exactly the same way if linekar had tweeted "turn these boats around or send them all to rwanda. stop putting 1bn forriners a year in 5 star hotels!!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ml1dch said:

It's also odd how they weren't wetting their knickers about Alan Sugar hosting The Apprentice while voicing stuff like this

Plus, it's amazing how Jeremy Clarkson's quarter-of-a-century employment with the BBC was compatible with the political books and columns for The Sun that he was writing at the same time. 

It's almost as if it's not actually impartiality they're worried about. 

Or more pertinent, this was also fine...

I think the whole bbc needs a complete revamp.  The few tv shows i watch on there have basicalky gone to crap (dragons den and apprentice)

I don't like their bbc radio shows either.  Personally if i had option not to pay license fee and all bbc channnels were scrambled id do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the whole bbc needs a complete revamp.  The few tv shows i watch on there have basicalky gone to crap (dragons den and apprentice)

I don't like their bbc radio shows either.  Personally if i had option not to pay license fee and all bbc channnels were scrambled id do it

BBC Breakfast and Fivelive have gone to piddle since they moved up to Salford.  Barely covers actual news.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Seems like Lineker is not shitting himself over this. Which is a refreshing change. 

He doesn't give a shit mate and why should he. He has done nothing wrong other than riled/wound up some right wing snowflakes. Bless em. 

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He doesn't give a shit mate and why should he. He has done nothing wrong other than riled/wound up some right wing snowflakes. Bless em. 

izorok-missed-the-joke.gif

• Like 1

Isn't it about impartiality though. You can't really have the highest earner on one of the most popular shows giving personal opinions. The beeb shouldn't be seen as pro or against any government. ITV Could and so could channel four and five. They are not paid for by the taxpayer. The beeb charter means it gets its money for being independent. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, colhint said:

Isn't it about impartiality though. You can't really have the highest earner on one of the most popular shows giving personal opinions. The beeb shouldn't be seen as pro or against any government. ITV Could and so could channel four and five. They are not paid for by the taxpayer. The beeb charter means it gets its money for being independent. 

So shouldn’t they get rid of the BBC boss that is literally a tory donor, but in charge of impartiality?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

He can say what he wants for all I care, but relating anything to the Nazis is a no no, you can't do this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â